Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I have recently installed JA Jobs Board onto a local staging server on Joomla 1.5. I have found a number of issues with the code, that I have had to manually hack to get the faults working. In particular the redirects after deleting applications (as a jobseeker) and deleting job searches.

It turns out that the JRoute function is converting the & to & as the xhtml parameter is set to true. This ends up displaying no modules because the url is screwed up. Your code has numerous location where you use Jroute without specifying this parameter as false.

What is the procedure for all the faults. It has taken me a fair bit of time to fault-find this and the other faults which I wouldn’t expect having paid £180 odd for this.

Another fault I found was a line of code was commented out causing the category filtering to not work.
    Are ther any patches for any of these problems.

Thanks for your help

Vinh CV Friend

Hi neilferguson,

1. In particular the redirects after deleting applications (as a jobseeker) and deleting job searches
    Another fault I found was a line of code was commented out causing the category filtering to not work.
    =>
    Please describe this issue more details, after deleting applications and deleting job searches, it will redirect to current listing.
    You can give us your Site URL, Admin, FTP account for closer check (via update your first post) to fix on your site directly.

2. It turns out that the JRoute function is converting the & to & as the xhtml parameter is set to true. This ends up displaying no modules because the url is screwed up. Your code has numerous location where you use Jroute without specifying this parameter as false.
    =>
    We will check and fix this issue in the next release, it needs updating many places in our source code to compatible with HTML, CSS validator: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAJB-936

neilferguson Friend

Hi Vin

I have been at this code for most of the week and ironed out a lot of the problems (rightly or wrongly). I have uploaded the component hacks list that I did if you want. It is not complete as I am not using the employers section.

The only problem I could not fix was when SEF was switched on in Joomla, it caused modules to be missing after clicking on edit user details or edit resume details. So I removed the re-writing on these. I don’t understand how or where Joomla re-writes these, if you know a good tutorial on this please post link

Please let me know your thoughts on these

Thanks

Neil

Vinh CV Friend

Hi neilferguson,

Thanks for your suggestion with patched list.

For the SEF problem, you must customize some links in JAJobBoard to avoid duplicate or wrong ItemID value in links to make it work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vinh CV 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum