Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi,

1. In this case, you can open file http://newmyc.com/templates/ja_biz/css/themes/blue/bootstrap.css, search for this code and update it directly :

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .container {
    width: 1240px;
    }
    }

2. Next, open file http://newmyc.com/templates/ja_biz/css/themes/blue/template.css, search for this code and update as mentioned above :

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .main-container {
    margin: -1px 100px;
    }
    }

gribblej Friend

Thanks again, Adam, will try this also. However, is it true that bootstrap files are dynamically driven from LESS and will eventually be overwritten automatically? This has happened to me before.
    -Jim G.

Phill Moderator

Often css files are not read by IE because it has a limit on the number of CSS files it is allowed to read. Because custom.css is on of the last to get read it is ignored. If you make sure you compress your css files in the back end (optimise css and take out of dev mode) then it should be read.

gribblej Friend

Thanks, Phil, I wasn’t aware of this IE quirk. I will think about this, but am a bit leery because when I’ve compressed and optimized in the past it has wiped out styling. If I do go forward with it I will make sure I have a good backup.
    -Jim G.

gribblej Friend

Adam was on the right track, as it turns out, and so many thanks to him. In customizing this site for IE, I have found that there can be no discrepancies whatsoever between template.css and custom.css. In the event IE finds one, it will disregard custom.css. So, to make this work I put his container code in both places. Voilla. It was not necessary after all to touch the bootstrap.css file. Another hard-won lesson learned about the crazy quirks of Internet Explorer.
    -Jim G.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Glad to hear that you managed to sort it out. Back to your question with LESS and CSS files, as you will see that, all CSS files are compiled from appropriate LESS files.

Unless you navigate to template manager, choose default template and hit button Compile LESS to CSS, all files stay intact.

gribblej Friend

Adam, thanks again for the further explanation! All is working nicely.
    -Jim G.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gribblej 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum