Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi There,

I’m trying to add a custom css file for purity3. I Have created a custom.css file and added it to the /css folder via FTP which I can now see in the css files on the back end of joomla, the styles in here are not having any effect so far as I dont know which HTML or PHP files i need to reference my custom.css file.

Please can you tell me where I need to include the code to reference my new custom.css file.

Thanks
    Anthony

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    the style code from custom.css file may not work if its when its incorrect .
    You can share the URL of site and provide the details with screenshot , so i can see which code u added for which part of site .

hornet_ant Friend

Hi Pankaj,

This site is

http://new.bridgforddental.co.uk/

So I’ve added custom.css to the css folder under the purity template, I’ve included a screen shot of the permissions when I uploaded it.

I’ve also included a screenshot of the back end of joomla templates where it is showing my new custom.css file in the list, but this is not working. I’ve just tried to change the H1 tag to test if its working or not.

Hope you can help.
    Ant

1. permissions
    2. custom
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    But i have not found the part on which u applied the changes ,
    The part of site where u added h1 tag .

Also heading class does not need dot . in it .

Regards

hornet_ant Friend

There is an H1 tag on the homepage, wouldn’t the custom css file effect this?
    Thanks,
    Ant

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    But i have not found the part on which u applied the changes ,
    The part of site where u added h1 tag . kindly post screenshot .
    Also if still custom.css not loading i have to check your site , Send me a temp super user details using Private reply .

Regards

hornet_ant Friend

I’m not sure If I understand what you mean.

on the homepage of http://new.bridgforddental.co.uk/ there is a heading ‘Welcome to Bridgford Dental Practice’. This is an automatic heading based on the article settings, when I inspect it, it’s class is h1.

I’ve added the custom.css file into the css folder via FTP and have set the style for h1’s to be red, but it’s not taking effect. I will set you up with a log in so you can see what i’ve done for yourself.

Sorry if i’m misunderstanding you.

Thanks
    Ant

hornet_ant Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly check the code is working on your site : http://prntscr.com/dgpxxs

hornet_ant Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    Yes is it working perfectly now, what did you do? What did I do wrong?

Thanks
    Ant

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Custom.css file was not loading, i only add a call in the head.php file to load it .
    Regards

hornet_ant Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    Thank you for fixing this for me. Please can you tell me where and how you added the reference to the custom.css file in head.php.
    I want to use this template more but will always need a custom.css

Thanks
    Anthony

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can check it in the /tpls/head.php file in the template folder
    and look the code for custom.css file.

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum