Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have went to global configuration and changed all to no and hide.

User Settings

Allow User Registration No
    New User Registration Type
    New User Account Activation No
    Front-end User Parameters Hide

But still shows the create account?

Thanks,
    🙂

OH, it should read CREATE

ShannonN Friend

jimmer;121871I have went to global configuration and changed all to no and hide.

User Settings

Allow User Registration No
    New User Registration Type
    New User Account Activation No
    Front-end User Parameters Hide

But still shows the create account?

Thanks,
    🙂

OH, it should read CREATE

Go to Module manager – unpublish login form this drops the login and create user account if that’s what your after? if you need the login for other reasons look in the HTML for

<a class=”register-switch” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-register’,’namemsg’,this);return false;” href=”/nickel/index.php?option=com_user&task=register”> Create an account </a> comment out or delete

also line 866 in template.css

#ja-register, #ja-login {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
    display: none;
    height: auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 5px 15px;
    position: absolute;
    right: -15px;
    text-align: left;
    top: 25px;
    z-index: 999;
    }

remove #ja-register value

make backups first! have fun
    ShannonN

jimmer Friend

Thanks,

ShannoN:D

digirizon Friend

id did all that , and now it is showing my create account fields spread all over my header 😉

effektlabor Friend

Yes, the create account fields are messed up and spread over the header if you remove the #ja-register value from template.css – if you keep it there everything is fine…

Anyone has an idea?

toddmartin Friend

I am having this issue. Should it not pull from the settings in global? Where do I need to go into the html to make this change. I can see it in the source after the page is generated but what HTML code do I change before it is generated.

I would prefer to fix the issue with it not getting the settings correct if possible instead of forcing it to not show the option. I would prefer to be less destructive.

Thanks

sponni Friend

Hi, I have looked everywhere for where to delete this:

<a class=”register-switch” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-register’,’namemsg’,this);return false;” href=”/nickel/index.php?option=com_user&task=register”> Create an account </a> comment out or delete

I can’t find it. Can someone help?

I need to get rid of the “Create an account” from the login feature.. without actually disabling account creation all together.

wiramas Friend

<em>@sponni 135336 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I have looked everywhere for where to delete this:

I can’t find it. Can someone help?

I need to get rid of the “Create an account” from the login feature.. without actually disabling account creation all together.</blockquote>

I think the file is in the HTML folder of JA_NICKEL “/your_root/templates/ja_nickel/html/mod_login/default.php” line 62 if not mistaken.. please correct me if I’m wrong..

anyhow, I think tempering with the source file is now so cool, we should just be able to disable it through the joomla! configuration screen as the first post.

sugiarto Friend

Yes, it was at line 62, but codes to delete is like this

<a class=”register-switch” href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(“index.php?option=com_user&task=register”);?>” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-register’,’namemsg’,this);return false;” > <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’);?> </a>

There is no ‘Create an account’ text in that codes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sugiarto 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum