Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lovely template this one – I have used it (slightly modified) at http://www.stanstedairportchamber.com

Is there a simple way I can remove the large header section (and corresponding module 5 for the janewsflash) for selected menu areas?

Menalto Friend

Hmmm, are you going to use the newsflash AND the header images togheter on all other pages?

easykey Friend

All I want to do is choose between two layouts for partuclar sections.
    1. with header and with newsflash
    2. no header and no newsflash

I suppose I could create a copy of the template – removing the header and Module5 position then make the original template default and then assign my modified template to particular sections but I just wondered whether it could work like the ANTARES template which uses a JAheader module that I can choose which sections to display the header in.

Alternatively – would the JAHeader module work with the Mageia template?

Menalto Friend

not sure if the ja header module work with mageia,never tried it, but i basic it should do that. I have attached a index.php and css file you can replace with the original ones. Remember to take a backup of your original files before overwrite them. I have tested and it works here as you said above. But one thing, i suggest you change the footer info: Designed by easykey.net , please read this:
    You can edit or remove the JoomlArt copyright information at the bottom of the template. You can claim the copyright notice "All right reserved", however the claim on creation of the template, such as:"Designed by Your Company"...are not allowed. Allowed: Copyright � 2005 - 2006 Your Company. Developed by Your Company Not Allowed : Copyright � 2005 - 2006 Your Company. Designed by Your Company

1. ja_mageia.zip
    easykey Friend

Thanks for your support.

I uploaded the changed index.php and CSS file and besides removing the header and changing the background colour of the footer I couldn’t see what this does.

Is your solution:

1. For use with the jaheader module

or

2. As a second template for me to assign that just removes the header

p.s I changed the footer to ‘hosted by easykey’

Menalto Friend

You can use this with the newsflash at left and headerimages, just turn off the newsflash module where you dont want it to show up.(it should work with the newsflash module, if you wanna have it so you can use the header rotator module let me know. Need to change some more to use with that one.

easykey Friend

Forgot to say – all works perfectly thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  easykey 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum