Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

my client are not so good on editing articles and almost they used copy&past from a word document or from email.
    thus the content maybe not formatted well.
    I expected for those article which has no readmore part it got splitted and any formation are removed from the text, so that the layout of the template not got corrupted.
    Does the variarous modules included in this template support stripping html tags from the intro text?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@mazataza 426200 wrote:</em><blockquote>my client are not so good on editing articles and almost they used copy&past from a word document or from email.
    thus the content maybe not formatted well.
    I expected for those article which has no readmore part it got splitted and any formation are removed from the text, so that the layout of the template not got corrupted.
    Does the variarous modules included in this template support stripping html tags from the intro text?</blockquote>

Hi there are many third party editors that have options to remove the copy paste html tags .
    you can use the JCE Editor
    Here is the link
    Hope it helps

mazataza Friend

It will not help if the user has made after that some formatting like making bold or heading.
    these formatting will be displayed also on the front page.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

hello if you want to remove the html tags from article you need to go to the article and remove it from there, There is no possible way as you want to remove it dynamically. As i suggested above you can use third party editors to remove the html formation from a pasted content.
    I am afraid that such features are out of the scope of JA support.

mazataza Friend

I can change JA Modules code so that it strip the text which it display as summery.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi i am not familiar with your native language . Can you explain it with a screenshots and illustrates your issue. It will help me to know, what you want to explain.
    thanks

mazataza Friend

I have include 2 screenshoot. the first one display the content of the article in the editor and the second
    screenshot show’s how it got displayed in frontpage

1. introtext2
    2. introtext1
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@mazataza 426253 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have include 2 screenshoot. the first one display the content of the article in the editor and the second
    screenshot show’s how it got displayed in frontpage

</blockquote>

Hi i am not familiar with this language , can you tell me which issue you are facing in the attachment?
    if possible share the site url here.

mazataza Friend

Is there any news about this?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

hi as i can se the issue is the text style.
    you need to go to the editor to change the text style for every article . this is the only way to change the text style for article . as you mentioned you have different styles for different articles

mazataza Friend

you can not say there is no way. there is always a way to handle this.
    I can do one of the following:
    modify the code of JA Feature Module so that it remove a HTML tags from displayed intro text.
    OR i write a plugin which react on “onPrepareContent” to remove HTML tags.

my request is was if you can build this in the module as an option and not depend on user content professioanlity

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

@mazataza
    i agree there must be some solution. but I am afraid that will need heavy customization, you should hire a developer to carry out such work, customization support is out of JA support scope. Sorry for not being of much help under this case.

mazataza Friend

thanks for your reply.
    I am happy for the support i got here.

For the solution I will write a plug-in which solve this problem. (I am also a developer :laugh:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mazataza 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum