Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Would it not be wise to remove this template and gallery component from the download section for one week. Collect ALL problems that have come in.
    Get a developer or two to work 100% on all problems with this. Clean it up.
    Write a proper log over changes made so people that have this installed can update their sites.
    Then put it back to download section, with a fully understanding description that changes have been made?

All the things happen here seems to be cut and paste,but no proper solution to problems. If one is fixed another one shows up….

Sherlock Friend

Hi Menalto.
    First thank for supporting, you always ready to to support all users when they have some problems and questions.But hope you can understand that sometimes very difficult to fix some bugs, special with RS gallery2, Ja modified it but JA builded it from original component and some problems same have wirh original component, and JA always try to fix all problems what users have, maybe have some difficult problems, and JA must have time to fix them. As you see in this forum, I always try to fix all problems, and I’m collecting all to report all update what i did .
    Regards

Sherlock Friend

Hi Menalto.
    First thank for supporting, you always ready to to support all users when they have some problems and questions.But hope you can understand that sometimes very difficult to fix some bugs, special with RS gallery2, Ja modified it but JA builded it from original component and some problems same have wirh original component, and JA always try to fix all problems what users have, maybe have some difficult problems, and JA must have time to fix them. As you see in this forum, I always try to fix all problems, and I’m collecting all to report all update what i did .
    Regards

Menalto Friend

I am usually a person that never complains much, but lately i feel the things that comes out of JA havent had a chance
    to be tested fully before the release, its more like “lets get it out before lunch”.
    Take Larix as an eaxample, i requested it removed from the download section to solve the bugs in 1.5 and VM1.1.
    It was removed and a separate post with bugs was added, this so people could post the bugs they found so it should be
    easier to collect and fix the bugs. But what happens? The next day its there again, oooooh we fixed “some” bugs, but how the
    heck can things be solved so fast when people dont even have a chance to post the bugs before its released again?
    So at this point here i really don’t understand whats happening around here, do you?
    One way or another its time to prepare for some changes in how things gonna be done here.

I feel it would be wise to remove it from the download, search trough the forum for all bugs. Solve them and add a
    RSGallery2 component with less bugs than now. I allow you to do it.
    To fix a thing here and a thing there will never be better. Do them all at once or none of them.
    Also make a proper description of all changes you do, so people can update their sites if they need to.

tempusserbia Friend

Must agree with Menalto, and his request, but I will add more template for going to workshop. If you check forum and complains about bugs, you will find out that Teline II is a leader, and not only it.

Also, I wrote about extensions, which can not be implemented in older templates, you need to fix that too (ie. can not use ja_tabs with Olyra).

TomC Moderator

<em>@nguoiabcd 63823 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Menalto.
    Regards</blockquote>
    nguoiabcd:

I do see that you do put forth an effort to help where you can. Nevertheless, as to the base premise of this thread, I have to agree that if JA is going to release an extension, extensive pre-release testing and re-testing must be undertaken before releasing the extension for the membership. This is simply sound business and responsible practice

Now, there will always be issues that come up relative to people’s specific issues when they try to customize things – granted. At that point, support for such is most appreciated.

Plese just keep in mind that JA must remember that they are a business – and as such, there are certain standards and expectations for products offered that must be lived up to. Making every possible and foressable assurance that simple/basic bugs and errors are addressed pre-release is definitely one of them.

Menalto Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 63866 wrote:</em><blockquote>Must agree with Menalto, and his request, but I will add more template for going to workshop. If you check forum and complains about bugs, you will find out that Teline II is a leader, and not only it.

Also, I wrote about extensions, which can not be implemented in older templates, you need to fix that too (ie. can not use ja_tabs with Olyra).</blockquote>

Teline is the nr1 at this point yes, i agree with that.
    But this again shows what that needs to be done, do some easy fixes now and then, or do it one time and for real.
    If it was up to me i would removed it, bug fixed it with all known bugs and re released it as Teline2 version 1.5(no version 1.4 since it would be more bugs there).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum