Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    A few questions;

1) How do I remove the “Time” only in the articles, next to Authors Name?

2) How do I Change the dates in Polls Results page, First Date/Last Date?

Thanks for any help! 😀

Sherlock Friend

Dear sbaldwin !
    About the first issue :
    You can remove it following below :
    Open default.php file in templatesja_teline_iihtmlcom_contentarticle folder, find following code section at about line 37 :

<span class="createdate">
    <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->article->created, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')) ?>
    </span>

and remove it !

Sherlock Friend

About second issue :

First Vote time is saved to database when first user vote for poll , it always keeps first value.
    Last Vote time is updated when a get a new vote.

Poll component there isn’t option to change value of it , if you want change it you can edit directly in database.
    If you want create a poll, I highly recommend you create a new poll.

Anonymous Moderator

Dear sbaldwin,

I would like to answer your questions as follows:

For the first issue:

1) How do I remove the “Time” only in the articles, next to Authors Name?

In Administrator, go to Content -> Article Manage, then click Parameters button, you can edit options when parameters page display.

For the second issue:

2) How do I Change the dates in Polls Results page, First Date/Last Date?

If you create a new poll,and publish it then date published is first date, and last date is current system date until you unpublish this poll. So you can’t change dates in Polls Results page

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hainn!
    Thanks so much for getting back. Sorry to bother you again however I just want to remove the listed “time” and leave in the Date and Author’s name in. I did try removing the time by deleting it in the Article Manager-Parmeters however it left 00’s displayed.

Please see attached screen shots.

1. remove_time
    2. time_parm
    sbaldwin Friend

JA Developer;91042Dear sbaldwin,

I would like to answer your questions as follows:

For the first issue:

In Administrator, go to Content -> Article Manage, then click Parameters button, you can edit options when parameters page display.

For the second issue:

If you create a new poll,and publish it then date published is first date, and last date is current system date until you unpublish this poll. So you can’t change dates in Polls Results page

Please see attached. I published a new Poll however it has 2006 showing for year for first vote. It should be 2008.

I will check and see if I can change it in database somehow. Thanks!

1. Poll
    Anonymous Moderator

Open default.php file in templatesja_teline_iihtmlcom_contentarticle folder, find following code section at about line 37 :

[PHP]
    <span class=”createdate”>
    <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->created, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’)) ?>
    </span>
    [/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP]<span class=”createdate”>
    <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->created, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC1’)) ?>
    </span>[/PHP]

+ at about line 124 find following code section
    [PHP]
    <span class=”modifydate”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Last Updated’ ); ?> ( <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->modified, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’)); ?> )
    </span>[/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP]<span class=”modifydate”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Last Updated’ ); ?> ( <?php echo JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->modified, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC1’)); ?> )
    </span>[/PHP]

sbaldwin Friend

Thanks Guys !!!

hainn84;91040Dear sbaldwin !
    About the first issue :
    You can remove it following below :

<span class="createdate">
    <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->article->created, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')) ?>
    </span>

and remove it !

sbaldwin Friend

Hi!

The code changes did remove the “time” in articles after clicking the “read more” button but still shows up on first initial article. Please see attached screenshot. Do I need to change code in another area as well? Thank you for your help!

1. time
    jsliao Friend

Content->Article Manager->Parameters

Select “Hide” for “Created Date and Time”
    Select “Hide” for “Created Date and Time”

At each indivdual article, make sure the above options are set to “Hide” or “Use Global”

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Jsliao!
    Thanks for your recommendation. I did see the parmenters section before and prefer to use that method opposed to changing code, however I would like to remove only the “Time of Day” for the articles and not the date.
    The code Hainn and JA developer sent does help remove the “Time listed” but only after clicking on the “read more” button. The Time is still showing in the initial article.

Not to be picky, but I do want to remove it! Maybe I need to change code in another area as well?Thanks for helping! 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum