Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I want to remove the time in the title of my articles. I only want to show the date.
    I also want to modify the text near the date.
    Thanks.

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Would you mind give me a screenshot w/ note for detail ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

khoand Friend

<em>@hanspost 259932 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,
    I want to remove the time in the title of my articles. I only want to show the date.
    I also want to modify the text near the date.
    Thanks.</blockquote>
    Hi,
    You replace this code from languageen-GBen-GB.ini in the line #224

DATE_FORMAT_LC2="l, d F Y H:i"
    with

DATE_FORMAT_LC2="l, d F Y"
    – Clean cache

hanspost Friend

That is the solution! Thank you.
    However, there has to be a cleaner way to do this I believe. Can’t I change the LC2 in LC1 somewhere?

Val Kupstas Friend

The best solution is to edit the override for the articles instead of the language file IF possible.

And that would be in current template folder/html/com_content/article/default.php file. If the template does not have that file or folder it can be copied from componentscom_contentviews folder.

Make sure you create the path as current template folderhtml/com_content/article/default.php file and not current template folder/html/com_content/article/tmpl/default.php

As you can see in componentscom_contentviewsarticle folder you have a tmpl folder where the file default.php is within. and that tmpl folder is not needed when you add in a template override.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Val Kupstas 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum