Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This concerns JA pyrite. I would like to totally remove the topmost bar the one that contains’You are here’ and A+ A A-. I would however like to include the A+ A A- as a right hand component within the main horizontal menu bar. Is this possible. So my questions are how do I remove the bar? And can the reader enlarger be reintroduced into the menu bar? Thanks for any advice.

cjmicro Friend

The user tools can be turned on and off in the template parameters. I’m not sure what you mean by putting it in teh main horizontal menu bar.

The top line in pyrite is the ja-tpwrap.

You can remark out that whole section in the template manager/edit html (editing index.php in the template folder)

<!– BEGIN: PATHWAY –>
    <!–<div id=”ja-tpwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-tp”>

<div id=”ja-pathway”>
    <strong>You are here:</strong><jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>

<div id=”ja-usertools”>
    <?php $tmpTools->genToolMenu($tmpTools->getParam(‘usertool_font’), ‘gif’); ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘ja-login’)) { ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”ja-login” style=”raw” />
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘user4’)) { ?>
    <a class=”search-switch” href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl();?>?option=com_search” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-search’,’mod_search_searchword’);return false;” title=”<?php JText::_(‘Search’);?>”>Search</a>
    <div id=”ja-search”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”user4″ style=”raw” />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>–>
    <!– END: PATHWAY –>

This way if you want it back all you have to do is take out the <!– and –> before and after the code.

Cheryl

cjmicro Friend

I’m not sure how to get the usertools in a module, there is probably a better way, but you could install a php module like Jumi, and add the code for usertools into that module and display where you want.

This is the code for usertools, which also displays the login & search (if set up that way)… so if you dont want that you’d have to take or remark it out.

<div id=”ja-usertools”>
    <?php $tmpTools->genToolMenu($tmpTools->getParam(‘usertool_font’), ‘gif’); ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘ja-login’)) { ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”ja-login” style=”raw” />
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘user4’)) { ?>
    <a class=”search-switch” href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl();?>?option=com_search” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-search’,’mod_search_searchword’);return false;” title=”<?php JText::_(‘Search’);?>”>Search</a>
    <div id=”ja-search”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”user4″ style=”raw” />
    </div>

Hope this helps you find the things you want to change. If you can be more specific I can try to help more, or maybe someone has a better idea for moving the usertools.

Cheryl

mihirc Friend

Hi,

You can just cut the code of the usertools from the current location and paste it to the left / right divs.

How to hide is simple, just use firebug to find out the name of the div, and the css file and line number in which the styling for that div is defined. Open that particular piece of code, through an editor, and add the following code in the curly brackets of that div.
    {
    display:none;
    }

If you provide a live link, i will show you, exactly where to do the changes.

Regards,
    Mihir C.

cjmicro Friend

I knew there would be an easier way… so just to clarify, you can choose the div in the css instead of the index.php? And just set that div to display none?

Cheryl

mallman Friend

Guys
    Many thanks for your help, I’m hacking this around on local host, so I can’t really show much at the moment. I will look into some of your suggestions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mallman 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum