Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I recently purchased a subscription and am attempting to customize the JA_Lens template from the quick start. I’m having difficulty removing the year, though. I’m looking to remove the year blocks from the index page timeline display with the tiles – I want to display the tiles only and not label them by year – remove the year tiles completely.

Can you please tell me how to do this? I’d like to hide the year and the number of items BUT still allow sorting by category and item count on the categories / timeline drop down lists. I’m looking to modify the index page tile display only.

Does that make sense?
    Also, is it possible to display sort by category, not by year?

Also, as long as I’ve got you, what CSS snippet do I modify to reduce font size of the tile rollover description [K2 item title] on the index page?

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi tracl,

Do you mean the year number as my screenshot in this thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/one-k2-article-only/#post-452715 . Kindly follow it.

tracl Friend

Hi,
    Yes, that number. I was able to remove it as per the instructions in the linked thread.
    I was also wondering there a way to replace the sorting by year with sorting by category as the primary view, and display the category title and item numbers in each category much as the year and number of items are displayed?

Is it as simple as changing
    <h2><?php echo $timeline; ?></h2>
    to
    <h2><?php echo $category; ?></h2>
    in that code snippet?
    Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s not simple like that, tracl. I’m afraid that you must custom K2 to achieve that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum