Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I was trying out my website without any articles and adding onto it a single article. I was surprised to see comments already on the article. How do I remove these comments?

And if I wanted to have these comments, How do I have the discussions area changed to Disqus or other more main stream discussion profiles such as Facebook?

I searched myself for a related plugin and found Content – JA Disqus Debate Echo but I wanted to make sure of what to edit and what not to edit (I don’t want to mess up).

Surprising

pavit Moderator

Hi

You should configure the Disqus debate plugin with your account if you want to have it on your website, HERE the documentation.

Otherwise you can disable the A-Disqus-Debate-Echo-Plugin to remove comments

cebusportingclub Friend

Thanks! What about the preloaded comments? How do we remove them?

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Matt,

To remove the demo comments that came out of the box with JA Fubix Quick Start, go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager find “JA Disqus Debate Echo” plug-in referred to by Pavit and uninstall it:

As you are planning to use it, go to http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20155, download the plug-in’s latest version, install it, publish it and configure it per your needs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

1. ja_disqus_debate_plugin
    pavit Moderator

Hi @cebusportingclub

<blockquote>Thanks! What about the preloaded comments? How do we remove them?</blockquote>

After you configured your account in the plugin, all preloaded comments related to the Joomlart default account will be removed.

cebusportingclub Friend

I uninstalled the plug-in as @alexsmirnov adviced, then I reinstalled the plug in. I went straight to the tutorial for setting it up.

<em>@pavit 432774 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

You should configure the Disqus debate plugin with your account if you want to have it on your website, HERE the documentation.

Otherwise you can disable the A-Disqus-Debate-Echo-Plugin to remove comments</blockquote>

I might have missed something because the whole thing is now gone. I already have an account with Intense debate and I entered my User key on the proper field as well, made sure that the plug in was enabled.

pavit Moderator

Hi cebusportingclub

Could you please send me via Private Message a super user account to your backend ‘

I will try to check your configuration and suggest the correct way to have it working

cebusportingclub Friend

<em>@pavit 433810 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi cebusportingclub

Could you please send me via Private Message a super user account to your backend ‘

I will try to check your configuration and suggest the correct way to have it working</blockquote>

Thank you, good sir. Sent via pm.. 🙂

pavit Moderator

Hi

The plugin Ja Disqus debate on your website is not correctly configured, you added your Key in the plugin configuration

To correctly configure the account you should login on Intense Debate website and add your website ( take a look HERE ) and HERE HERE and then HERE

cebusportingclub Friend

<em>@pavit 433957 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

The plugin Ja Disqus debate on your website is not correctly configured, you added your Key in the plugin configuration

To correctly configure the account you should login on Intense Debate website and add your website ( take a look HERE ) and HERE HERE and then HERE</blockquote>

Thanks to your simple instruction, I was able to do the same for Disqus as well. I am now able to choose between either. I prefer Disqus now, and its on the site already! 🙂 Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cebusportingclub 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum