Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am currently playing with JAT3 2.0 for Joomla 1.5 on xampp localhost

For live sites (due to security reasons) I like to try to hide as much Joomla reference from the code as possible, among others also renaming the default template folder name. In this case it is “ja_t3_blank”.

I know that you can rename it to “ja_purity_iii”, but I would like to give it a custom name, at the same time having the “Update” function working for future template upgrades.

The reason I ask this is because I tryed to rename it but when I check for updates the message is:
    Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.

I guess it is because the system checks with JoomlArt Updates and cant find the custom name I gave the template in the repository.

Is it possible to have a custom name for the template folder?

Thank you in advance…

kobenes Friend

Yes this is something I need too. It will be great if developers add some documents or video tutorial about this issue. Thanks

Enes

TomC Moderator

I have actually always wondered about this too – looking forward to an informed response.

😎

orsat Friend

Should not be hard to get a simple yes and how or no reply from some Joomlart Folks…

Thanks…

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@orsat 204880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I am currently playing with JAT3 2.0 for Joomla 1.5 on xampp localhost

For live sites (due to security reasons) I like to try to hide as much Joomla reference from the code as possible, among others also renaming the default template folder name. In this case it is “ja_t3_blank”.

I know that you can rename it to “ja_purity_iii”, but I would like to give it a custom name, at the same time having the “Update” function working for future template upgrades.

The reason I ask this is because I tryed to rename it but when I check for updates the message is:
    Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.

I guess it is because the system checks with JoomlArt Updates and cant find the custom name I gave the template in the repository.

Is it possible to have a custom name for the template folder?

Thank you in advance…</blockquote>

Hello orsat,

JAEM use a name that is defined on xml manifest file to query on our service for check upgrade.
    So, you can rename folder of template, but can not rename name on xml file.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

orsat Friend

Hi,

Thank you, thats all I need, just being able to rename the template folder is enouth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  orsat 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum