Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

HI
    Topic links is loads in the before the content .Its not defined in this way to make it based on the paragraph type .

lovedigit Friend

So this is the problem with this template and you have no workaround to fix it? How can we load some plugin before plugin when there already is a module loaded at the same position, it will always conflict with the plugin that tries to load their output at the same position.

Suggest me some other plugin that works with your template, and has social meta tags. The one that is bundled with this template “Share this” does not provide social meta tags. and we can’t use third party plugins because it cannot be loaded before content without having so many complications and bugs.

I used “fast social share” before, but it showed the intro text twice, now that I have found a better social share button with social meta tags, that module is conflicting with this plugin.

Either provide core social meta tags in the template, or fix this problem of loading the social button on the article view. It already loads after the intro text, rather than showing it after the intro image for the starters. and now we can’t use third party apps without these bugs.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear sir
    I understand your frustration on this matter .
    This is not the issue of the template , you can see on other articles social buttons are working fine .
    On article where Topic links are present so the share buttons not able to take full space .
    A temp. solution i provided you in my last replies to make the width of topic link 100% .so it will use full width and will not create vacant space for the social share buttons .
    For the social meta tags issue , in all JA Template we are mostly using AddThis that is free and its an third party social share .
    It beyond our scope to customized third party tools .
    As the issue is only in your Article topic link i suggest you to add the custom code that you provided so button looks fine .

I will also forward your Feedback to our development team for the problem you faces in this case .
    Thanks.

Regards

lovedigit Friend

Dear sir,

Suggest me an alternative that can be used to share the contents on social media, with proper meta tags. Right now, all I can see that JA TELINE V doesn’t offer default meta tag markups in the template. We have to use THIRD PARTY plugins to implement that. and not all social sharing buttons works on the template, as you can see that previous plugin made the intro text and full text paragraph to be repeated. And others simply won’t use the Intro Image as image to be shared on the social netowrk. If your article don’t have the article in the body or have missing meta tags, social network like facebook or Google+ will load the wrong article image, or exact same title or image for all the articles on this template.

You can always relate to the default template provided by joomla, and give example to produce the error, and simple escape from providing us any support just because default template doesn’t have the similar design. What you guys fail to realize that we use custom templates and have these subscriptions even when some of us don’t have enough funds to pay for these, to have these custom codes implemented by developers like you and make our lives easy and easier on our pockets.

Btw, this plugin I am using is very similar to ADDthis, and ShareThis social sharing tools available. Have a look at their page – addtoany.com/buttons/customize/ . Get your facts correct before spending your precious time writing a short apology to your customer and providing negligible support.

So far, I have only experienced a shitty support by Joomlart. Never expected this from such a reputed developers. Other template providers would fix these issues within a record time, while Joomlart takes no responsibility once you are a customer.

P.S. – AddThis impacts the page load time, that is why I had to remove it from the website

Phill Moderator

Please understand this is an issue with the layout of the third party extension. Not all extensions work in all templates. It is not a simple css fix, it is a personalised customisation of a third party plugin to make their layout fit the JA template.

In my experience, Social Media button plugins are by far the most problematic of all when it comes to implementing in any template. With this in mind the JA Dev team implemented some social share code in the template along with the JA Facebook Like plugin. If these are not to your taste then you will need to find a third party plugin that suits your need and in most cases someone to spend time customizing that plugin to fit your exact needs. If there is a fault with the social sharing buttons built into Teline V then please detail that and we will help resolve it.

On a slightly different note, please could you refrain from using language that may offend some readers. I understand we all use it when frustrated but it is better kept out of forums such as this one.

Phill Moderator

Please understand this is an issue with the layout of the third party extension. Not all extensions work in all templates. It is not a simple css fix, it is a personalised customisation of a third party plugin to make their layout fit the JA template.

In my experience, Social Media button plugins are by far the most problematic of all when it comes to implementing in any template. With this in mind the JA Dev team implemented some social share code in the template along with the JA Facebook Like plugin. If these are not to your taste then you will need to find a third party plugin that suits your need and in most cases someone to spend time customizing that plugin to fit your exact needs. If there is a fault with the social sharing buttons built into Teline V then please detail that and we will help resolve it.

On a slightly different note, please could you refrain from using language that may offend some readers. I understand we all use it when frustrated but it is better kept out of forums such as this one.

Phill Moderator

lovedigit Friend

Ok, I give up. Tell me how I can add the default sharing buttons. I enabled the button at the backend but it is not showing up. See image.

Also, please tell me how I can add the social sharing buttons from “AddThis” above the article.

Ok, It is working now. Just tell me how to show it before article content as well.

Also, I am getting these errors on chrome console after installing “AddThis”

1. z_00032
    2. z_00031
    lovedigit Friend

Ok, I give up. Tell me how I can add the default sharing buttons. I enabled the button at the backend but it is not showing up. See image.

Also, please tell me how I can add the social sharing buttons from “AddThis” above the article.

Ok, It is working now. Just tell me how to show it before article content as well.

lovedigit Friend

lovedigit Friend

See this is the reason I ditched default sharing button. It doesn’t show correct image and title on google +

Actual url – http://digitfreak.com/gadgets/mobile/2739-why-do-i-love-my-kindle-paperwhite

You can test it yourself. Other plugins works great but not this one.

1. z_00034
    lovedigit Friend

See this is the reason I ditched default sharing button. It doesn’t show correct image and title on google +

Actual url – http://digitfreak.com/gadgets/mobile/2739-why-do-i-love-my-kindle-paperwhite

lovedigit Friend

Phill Moderator

As far as I can tell you have only the one image in that article so not sure how it could pick another. As for the title, I cannot see where that is coming from As such I have raised a support ticket for you. Once you get the email please enter your ticket and add your super admin logon along with an ftp account so the dev team can investigate.

Phill Moderator

As far as I can tell you have only the one image in that article so not sure how it could pick another. As for the title, I cannot see where that is coming from As such I have raised a support ticket for you. Once you get the email please enter your ticket and add your super admin logon along with an ftp account so the dev team can investigate.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum