Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Currently the slide menu is linked to mainmenu. I have a travel site and I am trying to make it so that the home button doesn’t appear in the slider menu, only the flights, cars, hotels, etc. If i remove the home link from the mainmenu, I lose the ability to customize the frontpage and the home page becomes the first item in the mainmenu slider.

Is there a way I can keep home out of the slider but still have the homepage be the joomla frontpage? Site is still in dev mode so I don’t have a URL to share, but can provide a screenie if that would help.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sherlock Friend

Hi karensieger !
    for Replacing mainmenu with another menu for slider you open ja_vars_1.0x.php file in templates/ja_corona folder , find code line at about line 33 :

# Joomla menutype used in main navigation
    $_params->set('menutype','mainmenu'); // split, moo, css, dropline

you replace “mainmenu” by other menu name ( example :othermenu, topmenu,….)

karensieger Friend

Okay now I feel stupid. That did the trick. I was fiddling with that earlier and did something dumb. Many thanks for the help! It all works the way I had envisioned now. 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  karensieger 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum