Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

First of all good work on the JA newsticker module, but i would like to request an extra option for the newsticker.

The option to make a headline title link directly to an external resource.

Right now as far as i know its only possible to link to internal articles of your own joomla site, but when there is also an option to add extra headlines that link directly to an external url that opens in a new window…would make me use this newsticker also for my sites.

Thats all for now. If i have overlooked something or another module of JA that does make it possible let me know.

Kind Regards
    Mr.Clar

didima Friend

external source not that good idea but can be good sometimes if you have another site.

mrclar Friend

<em>@didima 181215 wrote:</em><blockquote>external source not that good idea but can be good sometimes if you have another site.</blockquote>

Why?
    A news headline like, “Also checkout our Facebook fan page!”
    You couldn’t announce those types of things cause of the limit.

Some companies have other projects to announce and you don’t want an end-user to go to an article in your site first and then click on a link that does open a new window.

The newsticker could be more versatile if both internal and external linking possibilities where there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrclar 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum