Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello All,

i am looking for website like http://www.Dhingana.com, with minor changes. i have gone through all available templates on Joomlart. i found many things which i need is there but all features are in different templates. can anyone please look at Dhingana.com or imeem.com.

basically i need…

1) music section with playlist, pop up
    2) videos
    3) Articles
    4) User profiles creation
    5) News
    6) comments, ratings etc

if Joomlart developer take a look at it then i will really appriciate. i also ready to pay extra amount for specific Customisations.

thanks,
    Vaibhav

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@vaibhavkavi 55405 wrote:</em><blockquote>

basically i need…

1) music section with playlist, pop up
    2) videos
    3) Articles
    4) User profiles creation
    5) News
    6) comments, ratings etc

if Joomlart developer take a look at it then i will really appriciate. i also ready to pay extra amount for specific Customisations.

thanks,
    Vaibhav</blockquote>

All of this you can have, if you pick suitable template and use appropriate Joomla exstensions, like Seyret, Ajax Vote, Juser…or similiar. After choosing components/modules/plugins that you need you can play with them to make your Joomla site to look like site you mentioned above.

As tcraw said: Template is only starting point 😉

You can PM me, if you need further assistance.

vaibhavkavi Friend

thanks for the replay 🙂
    which joomla template will be best suited for this type of site?

thanks,
    VaIbhav

Menalto Friend

If it was me i would start up with Edenite, stripped it down for all unwanted things and started to build up the main layout of the site. Then i would install Seyret and start to modfiy the template of Seyret. So far its time for the comment system and find which one that suits you and get that one installed and prepare the layout for that one.Then its time for CB and add ons for CB and finally modify the template for CB.

vaibhavkavi Friend

ohh… i thought of JA Teline II , actully i like its front (home) page, as it contains all sections latest post.
    what you think about it? will i able to make website like http://www.dhingana.com with JA Teline II ?

i have seen the Edenite, but never installed it, can i make menu items ( most recent news, songs, most popular playlist, Articles etc) like dhingana.com in Edenite?

please guide me.

Thanks,
    Vaibhav

Menalto Friend

The menu’s is the in the core of Joomla, the template is just the layout you see and its in basic up to you how you want your layout/site to function. Lets say you want some uber customized layout, its no problem to get that in Joomla, the only thing that might stop you is your imagination for things you want done, and how you want it to work. Teline ll might be a good starting point it just depends on how you want it to be.

vaibhavkavi Friend

Yes , you are right, may be lack of Joomla knowledge, i am not able to visualise the things quickly. also i used Quickstart all the time. instead of using only template. so i am not getting Idea, how the exact Layout works and how to change it as per the need.

can you please recommand me some site where i can learn about changing the layouts of joomla templates? also about different extensions of joomla?

thanks for your Help 🙂

Truly
    Vaibhav

Menalto Friend

For the different extensions you can just take a look at the extensions site at joomla.org and read the reviews etc, find some that suits you. But i suggest you set up a server on your computer where you can work with joomla local, test out things. Do the things you want etc. And use a FRESH clean joomla install on your live site where you just install the add on’s you need. For the layout, just read trough the forum here about it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum