Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have a request or an idea..

As a developer I need a lot of the files and templates you provide. And seeing what happened to another club some time ago, it would probably be best to download all the files you provide, just to have a backup.

I am not sure where this site is located, but even on a 20mbit line it does not run very well. On good days it’s slow, on bad days it is REALLY slow. I have tried once to start getting all the files, but to click forth and back a lot of times just to get a few files was a nightmare and I gave up. Seriously if I should download all the files in the club it would probably take me a day worth of clicking.

Would it be possible to make a few zip files containing all the files, so we could get the files without the pain of clicking a whole day?

1 zip file with the templates
    1 zip file with instuctions
    1 zip file with extension

Updated from time to time… It would save me a lot of hair pulling to be honest.

Hope you can make this happen

Regards
    Thomas

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Thomas,
    We know that sometime you get difficult to access our site and your request is understandable. However, we cannot provide you such packages because our templates are updated time to time and we cannot make update to those packages.

Our servers are located at Softlayer and we are planning buy more servers to increase the website perfomancer.

comclan Friend

Well thanks for getting back to me – appriciated.

Still not sure why it would not be possible. I mean adding files once or twize a month would require a couple minutes – wouldn’t it?

shackbase Friend

the servers leave a lot to ask for.. they are unbearable slow, new servers should really be a priority for your clients sake!

–Tone

shackbase Friend

Since I seem to be on a roll in the forums today, I wanted to point out (yet again) that when there are bugs found in a template and it is fixed.

That fix should be updated in the templates as soon as possible, hire someone to do it if you don’t have the time do to it yourself, but if I download a template today and there were three previous bugs in that template fixed yesterday, I certainly would hope that those bugs have been squashed and that I am downloading a new fresh happy template with atleast those bugs found and fixed gone.

I would love to see an RSS feed or better yet an email newsletter that would be sent out on a daily basis noting new fixes so we can be aware of issues that we otherwise might not be aware of potentially putting our sites at risk for potential bugs.

If I download a template, the last thing I want to do is search the forum for the next 2 weeks to see if there has been a fix to bugs I know of or am not yet aware of (some bugs show, some don’t) – ESPECIALLY since surfing the forum can take QUITE some time.

–Tone

Menalto Friend

shackbase, i agree with you.Btw, in the download system isnt there a fuction there so you can show when the files where last modified?

shackbase Friend

yeah but looking at them (randomly) – it does not appear that they have been updated (of course I am just assuming by the dates though).

I still think that a daily bug squash email would be a great way to go.

It would only need to state:

Name of template
    minor description
    link to forum thread with fix and that forum could have a link to the updated package.

NOW that would bring JA ahead of any and all template sites out there – that is what I would call customer service caring about your clients.

–Tone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shackbase 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum