Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Pls make sure that you set the correct info: database, directory, etc for appropriate site. You can check the configuration.php file in each site.

Regards

timpennington Friend

I have checked all of that; in fact, I even have the "working" configuration.php file running both sites; still it shows the "broken" site.

When I say "broken" I mean it hasn’t updated any article since May 3 (before i even upgraded to 3.7)

Ironically, the "working" site is running 3.7 and doing fine.

Any thoughts?

Saguaros Moderator

It should relate to the things I mentioned above, you can try to restore each backup site into your local and see what’s difference.

And also post the same thread into Akeeba backup forum for further helps.

timpennington Friend

I’ve uploaded a copy of the two configuration.php files so that maybe you can detect what i am missing.

1. "Home_npw/php" is the original site that is not updating; it is locked at May 3
    2. "BU>working.php" is the Akeeba backup site I added to a sub-file that is working fine.

I have tried changing the database name, but to no avail.

Can you tell me all that needs changing?

thanks

timpennington Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    timpennington Friend

Problem solved; my service provider HostGator had put a CACHE LOCK on my site because it was using to much bandwith; they never told me so I had no idea; so the site would not update; pretty bad service that they did that

But thanks for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timpennington 7 years, 4 months ago.

The topic ‘Restoring Akeeba Backup … works and doesn't’ is closed to new replies.