Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have decided to use this template instead of the newest ORES, because of the problems with that template…

I understand that there have been revisions with this template. Upon looking at the downloads for this template I see at the top is the quickstart file, followed by multiple files with new versions indicated…

My question::::::
    If I install the quickstart, is that packaged with all the revised files and modules, or do I have to also install the revised modules and revised template over the quickstart…

Another way to ask question….is the quickstart all I need for a new installation? It is labeled as version 1.0….

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear mneese,

Let me try to explain it one by one.

1. Your post regarding K2 and problems with JA Ores is already under developer preview.
    2. What you are seeing at in the download is the new system. Quickstart as usual is the Joomla! installation with all demo content and extensions. It gives you the demo site clone.
    3. The other extensions in the list are used with the template in the demo site. If you look closely, it has date of update and versions.
    4. The versions and update dates will change whenever there is some fixes. However, for minor improvements, which may not necessitate a version release. It might just be pushed and only the date will change.
    5. You can read about the New Download / Versions / Comparison system HERE.

Lastly, you dont need to install the extra files listed, as they are already covered in the quickstart.

The quickstart version can be ignored. It has no relevance and we are planning to remove the same.

let me know if you have further queries.

Regards

Arvind

mneese Friend

Okay, what I was confused about was the quickstart <blockquote>version 1.0</blockquote>, whereas the other template and revised files were labeled with different versions…

So, as I understand for future templates, the quickstart will always contain the latest versions available…and the updated files shown in the downloads are to update an installation that exists…

I will proceed with the quickstart installation…

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear mneese,

Yes exactly, the quickstart will always have the latest versions. Hope this template gets you what you are really looking for.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum