Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Something I think would be a fantastic added VALUE to JoomlART is a revival of a TUTORIAL section SPECIFIC TO JOOMLART TEMPLATES, EXTENSIONS, ELEMENTS, CODING, etc.

EDIT:
    My apologies, I checked and the JA Tutorials section seems to be alive and well . . . ALTHOUGH . . .

Perhaps, as an added incentive/motivation for more members to create/submit tutorials – especially creative/unique ones – there can be a system where Community Members can submit tutorials for review/approval by Hung and the JA Team, and – if selected/published – are rewarded with a certain number of points or some kind of profile recognition.

Any thoughts ???

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Tom,

Its a great idea, we can certainly have points and cool badges for such contributions. Not only for tutorials but even for userguides, tips or video’s.

JA Team is all in for anything that helps the members here. I mean if guys are ready, we can even revive the Member of the Month award or even Site of the Month (SOTM) competition again….

TomC Moderator

I LOVE it when people create tutorial VIDEOS – so amazingly helpful to SEE and follow-along with the step-by-step process.

I think rewards programs are amongst the BEST incentives to motivate effort and participation. Perhaps we can start with “Tutorial of the Month” and “Tutorial of the Year” programs. (I hesitate at calling it a “contest,” because I would hate to see the potential for QUALITY and CREATIVE tutorials be devolved into a flood of ‘commonplace” tutorials that get submitted just for the sake of submitting something – know what I mean?

Monthly selectees can be “awarded” a special badge or other form of recognition. The TOTY selectee could be “awarded” a one-year membership or one of the premium/specialty components or something. (Of course, all subject to consideration/decision by yourself, Hung, and your Administration Staff).

😎

Phill Moderator

Good idea Tom. Any forum is richer with more people giving to it rather than just taking. Anything that can actively encourage contributors can only be a good thing.

TomC Moderator

A year later, and I haven’t given up on this ….. stay tuned.

😎

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum