Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey,

Love the template. Is there a way that I can have the right Module styles show up on the left module position. I inputed the style name i.e. -brick into the module class suffix and set the position to left and it did not come up. I am assuming the template is not set up to do this. Is there a way to alter it so it does it?

instantinlaw Friend

I don’t know of any template from JA that has a suffix for the left modules, but you could edit the css to make your own style.

Menalto Friend

copy and paste your index.php here and ill help you out with it

swemmel Friend

jefe40472;21584Hey,

Love the template. Is there a way that I can have the right Module styles show up on the left module position. I inputed the style name i.e. -brick into the module class suffix and set the position to left and it did not come up. I am assuming the template is not set up to do this. Is there a way to alter it so it does it?

Yes there is, open your index.php and look for this block of code:

<!-- BEGIN: LEFT COLUMN -->
    <div id="ja-col1" style="background: url(<?php echo "$ja_template_path/images/headers/$ja_headerimg-bg2-$ja_width.jpg";?>) no-repeat top left;">
    <div class="innerpad">

<?php if (mosCountModules('user4')) {?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <?php mosLoadModules ( 'user4', -2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'left',-3 );?>
    </div>
    </div>

And change it to this:

<!-- BEGIN: LEFT COLUMN -->
    <div id="ja-col1" style="background: url(<?php echo "$ja_template_path/images/headers/$ja_headerimg-bg2-$ja_width.jpg";?>) no-repeat top left;">
    <div class="innerpad">

<?php if (mosCountModules('user4')) {?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <?php mosLoadModules ( 'user4', -2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'left',-2 );?>
    </div>
    </div>

Now you can use the module class suffix for the left column too.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

jefe40472 Friend

I tried inputting the code and it did not work. When I opened the index.php, the code was already inputted that way you told me to change it. Any other ideas?

Menalto, the index.php is attatched

1. index.zip
    Menalto Friend

Change to this:

<?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'left',-3 );?>
    Then you get the -brick,-green for left module position

jefe40472 Friend

Awesome, thanks! That worked!!!

Menalto Friend

Great, can you mark this tread as solved?

jefe40472 Friend

Sure thing! Solved!

jefe40472 Friend

sorry, I am new to this, doesn’t looked like I did it right….how do I mark it as solved?

Menalto Friend

I have no idea actually,haha. Just leave it as it is and let a moderator do it when they wake up

markyboy Friend

Hi,

One more question about this. I changed the index.html as described above. Now the -brick, -cyan, -green works fine for the left column. There is only one other issue namely that there is a big white gap between de modules on the left side. Any specific reason that causes the big white spaces??? Do others have the same problem??

Thanx

runeast Friend

Or if You are using a newer version like me.. just di like this:

!– BEGIN: LEFT COLUMN –>
    <div id=”ja-col1″ style=”background: url(<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl().”/images/headers/$ja_headerimg-bg2-“.$tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_SCREEN).”.jpg”;?>) no-repeat top left;”>
    <div class=”innerpad”>

<?php if ($this->CountModules(‘user4’)) {?>
    <div id=”ja-search”>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”user4″ style=”xhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”left” style=”rounded” />

Just replace XHTML with rounded in style…..

bluebeep Friend

<em>@markyboy 73229 wrote:</em><blockquote> there is a big white gap between de modules on the left side. Any specific reason that causes the big white spaces??? Do others have the same problem??
    Thanx</blockquote>

I noticed the same space between modules but it only affects IE. Firefox is fine. If you’re still following this, can you confirm if this is the case for you too markyboy?

Anyone have any ideas for solution?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bluebeep 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum