Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author

I have Joomla 1.5.2, I’m a newbie…

I can not for the life of me figure out WTF I’m doing wrong.

So the problem is I can not install the rsgallery I’ve tried everything posted on these message boards and have had no luck. It’s been 8 hours now and I’m about to go crazy!!!

I think JA needs to seriously fix all these templates and make it EASY for the end user. There is no clear instructions anywhere on how to install this (for new joomla users) nor do they mention there’s 5 million bugs with rsgallery. Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with this template????

Can someone message me or email me please I really need help getting this working.

AIM: harrytiwari email is the same name but @yahoo.com at the end.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Konstantakos Friend

Guys,

Are you not sick of all the negative posts in this forum about this template. I have actually used this on 2 client sites and it has been rough. Since this is a Joomlart template and you chose to use the RS Gallery you should really get it working correctly and just be done with it. Then guess what? No one complains anymore. Everybody is happy.

That is what will happen

julesdxb Friend

i agree totally if you are going to offer a template with a module like this then it should be working and you should offer support or dont offer the gallery as part of the template. please sort this out!

Sherlock Friend

Hi theantcommandos
    You must enable Legacy Plugin before install RSgallery2: Go to admin, click Extensions-> Plugin Manager menu, publish Legacy Plugin.
    Then If you still cann’t install RS gallery 2, plz follow this thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/fix-for-timeout-issue-while-installing-rsgallery2-component/

Sherlock Friend

Hi julesdxb
    Plz follow me(for joomla 1.0):
    1. Edit index.php(templates/ja_avian_d/index.php),Search those lines:

<!-- BEGIN: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">

<?php if ( mosCountModules('user5') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-main">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user5',-1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<div id="ja-topsl-cols">
    <div class="ja-innerpad">

<?php if ( mosCountModules('user1') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-col1" style="width: <?php echo $divwidth ?>;">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user1',-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules('user2') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-col2" style="width: <?php echo $divwidth ?>;">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user2',-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

</div>
    </div><br />

</div>
    <!-- END: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->

Change to :

<!-- BEGIN: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">

<?php if ( mosCountModules('user5') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-main">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user5',-1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<div id="ja-topsl-cols">
    <div class="ja-innerpad">

<!--<?php if ( mosCountModules('user1') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-col1" style="width: <?php echo $divwidth ?>;">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user1',-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>-->

<?php if ( mosCountModules('user2') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl-col2" style="width:100%;">
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( 'user2',-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

</div>
    </div><br />

</div>
    <!-- END: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->

2. Edit template_css.css:
    Line 1212

#ja-topsl-main {
    float:left;
    margin-top:8px;
    width:58%;
    }

Change 58% to 78%

Line

#ja-topsl-cols {template_css.css (line 1218)
    float:right;
    width:40%;
    }

Change 40% to 20%

julesdxb Friend

hey nguoiabcd thanks for this will give it a go and let you know.

mangoman Friend

I’ve searched this thread – twice šŸ˜‰ – and yet I didn’t find an answer to the problem of the image breaking the page layout. I edited the CSS for the gallery navigation bar (a temporary fix only, which moved the navigation bar to the bottom, not the right), but the modules are still unable to display/position properly.

Original post:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48068&postcount=9

Image page;
    http://www.franciscoloza.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=65&page=inline&id=159

Thanks in advance for your help.
    John

benrud Friend

Hello Everyone,

Whenever I add a ‘ to a image title or caption it changes to /’ once it’s saved. Then Joomla displays it. If I open the item again, it adds another /.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

http://benrud.net/index.php?option=c…id=14&limit=12

I left it in the New Year’s Eve in NYC Gallery

Thanks,
    Todd

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    go to gallery.php(componentscom_rsgallery2templatesja _semantichtml)
    Search this line

<div class="componentheading"><?php echo ($this->gallery->row['name'] ? $this->gallery->row['name'] : $rsgConfig->get('intro_text'));?></div>

Change to

<div class="componentheading"><?php echo ($this->gallery->row['name'] ? stripcslashes($this->gallery->row['name']) : $rsgConfig->get('intro_text'));?></div>

jprater1209 Friend

Is the QuickStart file offered the most up-to-date version of this template complete w/ bug fixes? Will it ever incorporate RSGAllery2 for J1.5 native? I would like to not run my Joomla install in legacy mode. Thanks for your help!

maryorycuf Friend

Hello good morning,
    I’m having trouble with RSGallery module, due to installing the joomla step by step does not work well, generates many mistakes, and the quality of the images are pixels, is not as bad as those of the sample that comes installed on the Quickstart . And the images generated with the component for downloading always have mistakes.
    I have already made changes to the code, and I have installed several times and even then, I have not managed to correct the error. I installed the rsgallry JA Avian other templates and have the same problem. I need a solution to this problem since all the images that are uploaded are of poor quality. I do not know if something is in the setup or what is the problem.
    I await your prompt response and assistanceā€¦. Greetingsā€¦

itgl72 Friend

Never was able to get it to work via instruction. Only option was to use QUICKSTART download.

Peter Konstantakos Friend

If I had it to do all over again I would never had used this template.

My company develops Joomla sites and I thought this would be perfect for a specific client but after he approved the design and we developed 2 sites this thing started bugging big time and I went out of pocket several hundred dollars on Joomlancers to get someone to fix it.

I would have rather had my teeth pulled out with pliers than use this template. The gallery ain’t all that either.

Joomlart I am sorry to say this because most of your stuff is good and I have been a developer member for 3 years. But now all of your new stuff is only compatible with your components modules and your support is sorely lacking.

arinus Friend

can anyone in here help me to make RSGALLERY like this picture.. what sould i do?? i’m using Joomla version 1.5x

JA AVIAN Gallery Picture

i want to change like this what sould i do?????
    can some one help me

1. front
    2. front1
    maryorycuf Friend

Hello good morning,
    The module RSGallery not working properly, adding to the images generated with errors, poor quality, totally different from those that brings sample. I really need help and he changed the way they like but add the problem and are very ugly and it does not automatically changed many images I have to put to work alternating images. Someone help meā€¦ can no longer do thatā€¦.?:confused:
    Additionally sent them an image so they can see what happens with images.

1. error
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

This topic contains 66 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccmalken 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum