Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    addthis script is slowing my site significantly and I decided to do without it. I will use JA social buttons or any other non invasive social extension.

My question is how do I remove addthis from my website completely. is removing the script from (After ) enough? this also removes the print and email buttons. how do I get them back?
    And how can I position the new social button extension along with the Print and Email buttons in the same place addthis buttons were?
    Please see attached screenshot for reference
    Thanks

1. social
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Did you change the code? Please restore it back first.

To remove Addthis from template, you can go to Backend of your site > Extensions > Templates > open JA Teline V template style:

joomlafans Friend

I followed your steps and removed the typography tools and sharing options from the side all together. the article looks much better this way.

How can I add typography tools and share options at the bottom of the article instead?

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

You can do that by opening the file: ROOT/templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/default.php

Look for the snippet of code which renders these article-tools:

<?php if ($tools): ?>
    <div class="article-tools">
        <?php if ($icons): ?>
            <div class="default-tools">
                <h6><?php echo JText::_('TPL_DEFAULT_TOOL_TITLE') ?></h6>
                <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.magazine_icons', array('item' => $item, 'params' => $params)); ?>
            </div>
        <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($typo_tools): ?>
        <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.typo_tools', array()); ?>
        <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($sharing_tools): ?>
        <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.sharing_tools', array()); ?>
        <?php endif ?>

<?php if (isset ($item->toc)) : ?>
            <?php echo $item->toc; ?>
        <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

Move it before the < /article> tag at the end of file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum