Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m creating a website that basically duplicates the whole of the demo. I’ve no idea how to create a website but if given instructions, I think I can do it (I spent three nights trying to upload this template into my website – and have just now been able to through documentation and tutorials).

I have many questions but I’ll start with changing the logo. I’ve read a lot about logos that are beyond the size of the default fubix logo. I’ve also read on how to change the logo through the template manager (this is what I prefer).

Because I want to duplicate the whole demo site, my logo is 104 x 26px in size, just like the default Ithink. I managed to find the templates manager screen where I can change my logo. I uploaded and selected my logo, but then nope, it wouldn’t change. I’m stuck here.

upon further surfing (do we even use that word today?), I found my logo but looks like it was cut by my mom’s cookie cutter. For a second, I thought my internet connection was acting up but then again, I prolly saw a thread or two about other logos being cut up.

I noticed that I can only view this logo when visiting other pages on the site but not on the home page itself.

now please remember I can only follow instructions, I cannot and do not make codes (in fact, I’m hoping to do everything on the back-end of my website). I only follow.

Or if you have suggestions on how to make it better, I’d love to receive it too!

Many thanks for those who help! 🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

For starter, there are no noobish questions so please don’t feel shy to ask and we will be more than happy to be here for you. Joomla CMS itself and our Joomla templates and extensions have exactly this type of end user folks like you, folks without web programming skills, in mind. So, it’s totally cool to learn your ways around your Joomla system GUI and ask questions now and then, however trivial them may seem to you.

Your strategy to install JA Fubix Quick Start pack and build your own web-site replicating it following our documentation is absolutely on the money, so, steady as she goes.

I think I’ve already asked you to PM me your web-site Joomla Super User credentials in your other thread at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-website-description-and-browser-tooltip/ but may I just remind you that access to your Joomla backend would help us help you.

Regards,

Alex

cebusportingclub Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 431608 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

For starter, there are no noobish questions so please don’t feel shy to ask and we will be more than happy to be here for you. Joomla CMS itself and our Joomla templates and extensions have exactly this type of end user folks like you, folks without web programming skills, in mind. So, it’s totally cool to learn your ways around your Joomla system GUI and ask questions now and then, however trivial them may seem to you.</blockquote>

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I want you to know though that even before I do post, I search this forum for answers. Which makes me ask, I understand we’re not allowed to “bump” threads (I’m not exactly sure why not – when I think it could save data space), so if I had a question relating to one of the topics of a “long-ago” thread, can I just post a new thread?

<em>@alexsmirnov 431608 wrote:</em><blockquote>Your strategy to install JA Fubix Quick Start pack and build your own web-site replicating it following our documentation is absolutely on the money, so, steady as she goes.

I think I’ve already asked you to PM me your web-site Joomla Super User credentials in your other thread at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-website-description-and-browser-tooltip/ but may I just remind you that access to your Joomla backend would help us help you.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Yes, I’ve sent the credential through private message. I hope logging into the website won’t be too much of a problem.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Matt,

Could you please PM me your hosting panel login credentials to help you sort out your logo?

Regards,

Alex

cebusportingclub Friend

Hi yes but before I do that, i dont know – everything changed when I went to see the website… :((

The website looked like this yesterday,
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37506&d=1402452380
    with a few other changes…

but today,

I really don’t know what happened. The positions are way different from the demo..

How do I change it back to the way it was?

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Matt,

1 I suggest you create a sub-folder for development and testing, so called “sandbox”, where you will be able to develop and test what you’d want to develop and test for your main site, like, for example, /test01/.

2 Create a new database, named, for example, test01

3 install in /test01/ sub-folder and “test01” database our JA Fubix Quick Start package with demo data

4 Install “Akeeba Backup” component and use it to create your out-of-the-box test web-site full backup copy

5 Proceed to making required changes one change at a time:

a) Document what you have changed

b) Thoroughly test your web-site

c) After a few successfully implemented and tested changes, create the full web-site backup with “Akeeba Backup”

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

cebusportingclub Friend

Alright. I’ve moved my website to http://www.cebubleague.com/test/

I’ve saved a back up of my website too. I’ll email you again with new admin log-in details.

Still the same problem with the logo.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Matt,

Your custom logo doesn’t show up on the home page because your “JA Fubix – Default” template has not been yet assigned to your pages (hence you can not see green little tick icon):

To assign your “JA Fubix – Default” template to the whole web-site, please go to Extensions -> Template Manager -> “JA Fubix – Default” -> Assignment -> Toggle Selection and ensure that all the checkboxes have been ticked:

As for the logo, its bottom gets cropped due to the lack of height allowed to the logo image in the respective CSS style rule. To rectify this, please do the following:

1) open your Notepad and create a file named custom.css

2) enter into your custom.css the following CSS style:

.logo-image a {
    height: 24px;
    }

3) go to your “JA Fubix – Default” template -> tab “General” -> parameter “Development Mode” -> option “On” -> “Save”

4) upload your new custom.css into /templates/ja_fubix/css/ folder

5) click on F5 to refresh your web-site frontend and test if you are happy with the new height you just allowed for your logo.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

1. ja_fubix_custom_logo_assignment_and_height
    2. assigning_ja_fubix_default
    cebusportingclub Friend

This was very helpful, @alexsmirnov.

I changed everything as you said. I also added a custom.css into the webpage with a bit tweaking to fit the logo properly, the code looks like this

.logo-image a {
    height: 25px;
    width: 100px;
    }

In addition, having learned so much about building a website through you guys, I found that changing the template on the “hot news” page (our Home page) to the “Ja Fubix Home” template was necessary to achieve the results that I wanted. Otherwise, our homepage would have looked like the one on post #5 of this thread.

I changed the logo image on the Home template as well to reflect that of our logo et voila!

The website is almost done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cebusportingclub 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum