Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

SAVE button is not working with the JaSlideshow module. CLOSE works, but I just cannot save.

I have tried with Chrome, Safari, Firefox

I have tried saving articles, and other modules, and all work…just no JaSlideshow.

I installed with a quickstart package for JaSocial, on Joomla 2.5

Any ideas?

TomC Moderator

Often times, clearing the JAT3 cache will “kick start” attempted changes into effect. Have you tried this?

earthson Friend

I just tried it…but it didn’t help :((

TomC Moderator

<em>@earthson 311914 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just tried it…but it didn’t help :((</blockquote>
    A couple of additional thoughts/suggestions . . . .

1. Make sure you’re using the most current/updated version of the extension (i.e. check your Extension Manager for updates)

2. It may be a permissions issue with/for your server files …. in general make sure your folders are set at 755 and files at 644
    (If you’re uncertain about how to do this, ask your WebHost’s Technical Support to check/set the permissions for you)

For THIS particular issue, though … you can also try setting the permissions to 777 for the SLIDESHOW MODULE FOLDER ONLY. We have seen this issue come up before, and this has worked.

This last suggestion is ONLY for the Slideshow Module Folder – as you NEVER want to set all of your folders to 777 – as it would open up access to your entire site to virtually anyone clever enough to try.

Hope That Helps

earthson Friend

Nope – none of those worked. But, I did notice that there were 3 items that came up wit han error when checking if they had an update.

“Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported”

They came standard in the Quickstart kit – should I delete them?

TomC Moderator

My recommendation would be to either update the extension via the Extension Manager, or uninstall it and obtain the latest version from the JA Social download list – the last update of which appears to have been 03/05/2012

earthson Friend

Tried uninstalling, and installing the latest version from the Ja_Social download page. Nothing…wtf??!

TomC Moderator

<em>@earthson 311923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tried uninstalling, and installing the latest version from the Ja_Social download page. Nothing…wtf??!</blockquote>
    So you are saying you are not able to effectuate ANY changes within your Slideshow module – nothing?

earthson Friend

That is correct. No changes can be made, because I cannot save. None of those buttons work (SAVE, SAVE and CLOSE, SAVE and NEW). Only the CLOSE button works.

I can open the module, and make any changes within it…but nothing ever actually changes, because it never saves…VERY ANNOYING!

earthson Friend

Any chance I’ll here from an Admin member on Joomlart? When I posted, I did ask for help from Admin, and offered my account info. Could someone go and have a look, and let me know what you discover? Thank you 🙂

earthson Friend

Ok, I think I solved the issue on my own. It seems that Akeeba Admin tools, and their overzealous server protection settings was blocking php files from the slideshow. Once I allowed them, I could save again – I hate website…always something conflicting with something else…grrr

fracklk Friend

How did you do this?

rthonline Friend

make a permission in Admin Tools in the .htaccess Generator for the folder
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/

in the section including php-files

This solved my problem

earthson Friend

Sorry FRAKLK,

I didn’t get a notification that you asked a question. But rthonline is right. You just need to use Admin Tools (Akeeba Pro) to change the htaccess file. Allow access to the php directories in that folder. 🙂

aaberg Friend

I don’t have Akeeba Pro, how can I change (and what to write) the htaccess-file?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum