Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Same here… this bug appears to be quite common. I’ve 777’d the whole mod_jaslideshow directory, don’t have Akeeba installed.. the only .htaccess file (at site root) is blank. There’s NO REASON i shouldn’t be able to save changes to the slideshow, but the only button that does anything is the Close button.
    Any Save action throws “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘profile’ of undefined” japrofile.js:220

Saguaros Moderator

Please try to contact your hosting provider to check if there is any rule in server side that blocks access to files/folder of slideshow module.

aaberg Friend

I deleted all files using ftp and reinstalled from start – without installing Akeeba. Worked for me.

richreesau Friend

Well… i’ve deleted/repeated x times.
    As for php blocking rules.. the mod_jalogin is installed exactly the same way, and the save, save & close buttons work just fine… and it’s not even 777’d. It works fine with default 755 permissions. Surely if there was a php block in place, no jamodules would work?

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me admin and ftp login info of your site, I will have a look then.

ciroalves Friend

Hi there! I’m facing the same problem but with mod_janews_featured.
    Running at localhost with easyPHP 14.1.
    Tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox.
    Using a fresh new instalation (quickstart included in TeLineiV template).
    No other components, modules or plugin installed.

Any tips?

Thanks,
    Ciro.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Ciro,

If you use editor like Firebug in Firefox browser, when you click save button, please have a look at Error tab in Firebug, it will show if there is any error persists. And you will see which causes the issue.

bertha Friend

Hi
    Im using Template Edenite for Joomla 3.2 and JA Slideshow.
    Save button does not work and nothing shows up.

New download of the extension.
    Server side is all good and so are folder permissions.

No admin tools
    3rd party extensions are K2, JCE and RS forms pro.

When I use firebug to right click on the save button, it gives me no error, just a message about changing profile default from japrofile.js
    Not sure what to do about it if anything?
    If I may also ask, I have uploaded the companies favicon.ico into the template folder, (it is there) but the joomla one is still the one being displayed. (been 3 day’s since and no cache or cookies blocking)

Hope to get help 🙂

richreesau Friend

Have PM’d admin details…

bertha Friend

Thanks, info sent.

Saguaros Moderator

@richreesau: I don’t see the JA Slideshow module in module manager of your site, could you check again?

@bertha: I didn’t receive any message from you, pls send again (admin + ftp account)

bertha Friend

@saguaros
    Info sent, thank you

Saguaros Moderator

@bertha: Could you also send me the FTP credentials of your site?

@richreesau: I see some JS errors when saving settings of this module, could you check the ftp account again? It doesn’t direct me the folder of your website: http://prntscr.com/38watn

bertha Friend

@saguaros Info sent

richreesau Friend

@saguaros : should do now…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum