Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I need sugestion for site of seafood
    Thanks

mfcphil Friend

Hi

I’m sure any number of the JA templates available could be modified to suit your needs…adding a few pictures of a couple of lobsters and the yummy crab will give any template the look your after.

Go through the demo sections http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php and see what tickles your taste buds 😉

questbg Friend

Hi Neotrix

Many templates here are suitable for seafood. However is this a seafood restaurant, seafood market, seafood wholesaler, etc.?

I would need to know prior to recommeding a template.

Do you have a site that you can point us to for a recommendation?

Thanks

neotrix Friend

Thanks for your reply
    Template is for shop of fish or seafood shop
    Theme based in details of blue sea??

TomC Moderator

<em>@neotrix 129080 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your reply
    Template is for shop of fish or seafood shop
    Theme based in details of blue sea??</blockquote>
    Once again . . . there are a number of available templates you can use for your particular theme.
    The whole point is for you to take a basic structure layout and modify/customize it from there.

hanifahmed Friend

There is no specific template for Seafood.

There are templates you can download that can be made to suit your seafood needs through customisation.

Just take a look through the whole list and pick the one you like, and customise it. And if you need help – ask in the Forums!

Click here to go through the portofolio: http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi neotrix,
    If you are thinking of a shopping site only, you can consider available templates for Magento, however if you are developing a shopping sites with other stuff like reviews, forums, news, then Joomla will be the second to none

It’s hard for us to recommend which template is suitable for your “seafood”. If it’s me who choose the template for your site, I would forget about the seafood, start choosing a template and try to image how it look like when the sample “lorem isum” is replaced by the “seafood” content.

wooohanetworks Friend

Ja ZinC is Seafood, it has the layout to match a typical market style. You can easiely create several frontpage areas to showcase varieties of seafood or food in general.

I made an example once, how JA ZinC would match for food overall. This was simply made by adding matching content on the preview images once. But enough to see that food matches ZinC too…in case If find the image file again, I will upload this one as an example. I once had it posted here in the forums but removed it again from my image hosting account.

Just that you may understand what is meant with “replacing the demo content with a new content and topic” maybe those both examples may make it clearer.

JA Quartz and also JA Cooper were both not Real Estate related, one is fashion related and the other one is cars related. But easy said and easy done, any template can fit any topic:

theprofessor Friend

Also, a further idea. You could take your pick of sites and make the background image a wood grain. In fact, the JA Cooper template in default style could work, although the ‘wood’ feel of it is a little more ‘furniture’ than ‘docks’, if you know what I mean.

Also, there’s nothing wrong with using a Joomlart template “as-is”. In fact, I am building a site for myself for my Joomla website services (funny…I know very little about website building, but “very little” can sometimes be “expert” to those who know nothing, lol) and I am using the JA Cooper template in default style with very few modifications.

Good luck!!

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@theprofessor 129511 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also, there’s nothing wrong with using a Joomlart template “as-is”. In fact, I am building a site for myself for my Joomla website services (funny…I know very little about website building, but “very little” can sometimes be “expert” to those who know nothing, lol) and I am using the JA Cooper template in default style with very few modifications.

Good luck!!</blockquote>

Good luck with your business, but A BIG TIP, please take this as a real friendly advice, as I would also say, “take care” and do not run in front your own skills before suddenly one other part of you reaches your pace and tells you that you forgot to buckle up before starting the race, but meanwhile you already fly out the cockpit. 😉

Especially when a bit of knowledge means a lot for others, and just in the interest of your own, do the stuff you can by now and avoid to take deals you by now do not know already how to do it… Also when clients know nothing and you know already a lot more, that does not mean you know enough to get intuitive work done. The worst thing that can happen when being a rookie is that you act confident to others, take a deal you “surely can do in 1 day” and later your clients calls again and again and you have to tell him like “the joomla has some errors, man, if I knew that they still haven’t got those bugs out, I would have been completed the job already days ago..” The thing is, the client is in charge, also when knowing nothing, he has the power and will not be stupid in general just because not having any skills in web development…:cool:

This is what you really should avoid and learn a lot besides already doing jobs, there is e.g. the W3Schools website where you can get all the knowledge about CSS you need. Just google for it!

Much succes with it indeed!:)

theprofessor Friend

Thank you greatly for the wisdom! Indeed, I am starting slow. I have taken on 3 simple FREE jobs to start with the time frame of 2 months to build the sites. One is for a photographer, one is for a real estate agent, and one is for a friend who is starting up a US college ‘magazine’ type website. These are for ‘friends’ and all three know this is a learning experience for me. (I’m going to have to upgrade to developers license as soon as my standard membership runs out!)

I am going to be targeting small businesses in my small town after that, so I think that the basic stuff that I know will get me by and allow me to grow enough to expand down the road.

I will post my site as soon as it is completed and I register it.

Thanks again! 😎

wooohanetworks Friend

That is a good ideal, and I think this will be the best way at all. When you work with friends or for friends, it mostly the best one can do… So have fun with it most importantly!

P.S.:The best thing to do is to always make the bit more than really needed. I have seen some “web designers” tell stuff like “hey, you know, I am web designer, and you know what it would take for me to create each a matching icon set for the different color themes of this template…no way…” You see, a web pro should see this as mandatory and not say, because being web designers, the supposed work of one is already too much to do for the big position one is sitting on;) It is the greatest thing to excite people with a nice overall clean look but not to forget the little add ons that make the site special and different from others…:D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum