Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi There,

I have quick installed the joomla minisite 1.6 on my windows server which has IIS 7. I have removed or modified the sample data to my need and added some more content in article, menu and modules. But I just noticed that the search module on top right is throwing 404 – Page not found error for any text if I eneble the mod_rewrite and SEO Friendly URL. If I disable the mod_rewrite or add index.php before “/component/search/?searchword…..” it is working fine again.

I download all content and db to try on my WAMP and it is working fine with .htaccess.

So I believe there is something missing for web.config and I am not sure what to do there. my web.config looks like below:
    <?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <directoryBrowse enabled=”true” />
    <defaultDocument>
    <files>
    <clear />
    <add value=”index.php” />
    <add value=”Default.htm” />
    <add value=”Default.asp” />
    <add value=”index.htm” />
    <add value=”Default.aspx” />
    <add value=”index.html” />
    </files>
    </defaultDocument>
    <rewrite>
    <rules>
    <rule name=”Imported Rule 1″ stopProcessing=”true”>
    <match url=”^(.*)$” ignoreCase=”false” />
    <conditions logicalGrouping=”MatchAny”>
    <add input=”{QUERY_STRING}” pattern=”base64_encode[^(]*([^)]*)” ignoreCase=”false” />
    <add input=”{QUERY_STRING}” pattern=”(>|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(<|%3E)” />
    <add input=”{QUERY_STRING}” pattern=”GLOBALS(=|{0,2})” ignoreCase=”false” />
    <add input=”{QUERY_STRING}” pattern=”_REQUEST(=|{0,2})” ignoreCase=”false” />
    </conditions>
    <action type=”CustomResponse” url=”index.php” statusCode=”403″ statusReason=”Forbidden” statusDescription=”Forbidden” />
    </rule>
    <rule name=”Imported Rule 2″>
    <match url=”(.*)” ignoreCase=”false” />
    <conditions logicalGrouping=”MatchAll”>
    <add input=”{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=”IsFile” ignoreCase=”false” negate=”true” />
    <add input=”{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=”IsDirectory” ignoreCase=”false” negate=”true” />
    <add input=”{URL}” pattern=”^/index.php” ignoreCase=”false” negate=”true” />
    <add input=”{URL}” pattern=”(/component/)” ignoreCase=”false” negate=”true” />
    <add input=”{URL}” pattern=”(/[^.]*|.(php|html?|feed|pdf|raw))$” />
    </conditions>
    <action type=”Rewrite” url=”index.php” />
    </rule>
    </rules>
    </rewrite>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

I will appreciate if someone can guide me for this.

Thanks in advance.

pritam Friend

Hello axiauk,

To solve the issue Search Module on IIS 7

You can refer to this url :-

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/527/install-joomla-on-iis/

axiauk Friend

Thanks Pritam,

That has solved the 404 issue.

I have got another regarding the same module through which I forgot to mention in my previous post.

To solve this 404 error, I deleted your original “search” from module manager and added once again but, now whenever I search something, it passes “Itemid=XXX” at the end of search link and that Itemid is the article id from where user has searched. So say Itemid 123 is for about us page, and I search from there, it will pass Itemid=123 and show the title banner of that page there as “About Us” and show the search result below that.

Thanks again for the help.

axiauk Friend

<em>@axiauk 252849 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    To solve this 404 error, I deleted your original “search” from module manager and added once again but, now whenever I search something, it passes “Itemid=XXX” at the end of search link and that Itemid is the article id from where user has searched. So say Itemid 123 is for about us page, and I search from there, it will pass Itemid=123 and show the title banner of that page there as “About Us” and show the search result below that.
    </blockquote>

I find this below code:
    if(isset($items[0])) {
    $post[‘Itemid’] = $items[0]->id;
    } else if (JRequest::getInt(‘Itemid’) > 0) { //use Itemid from requesting page only if there is no existing menu
    $post[‘Itemid’] = JRequest::getInt(‘Itemid’);
    }

This says “use Itemid from requesting page only if there is no existing menu”, does that mean, I can’t do anything because I haven’t got any menu specifically for search? Or i don’t mind showing Itemid on url but want to disappear the Title Banner from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  axiauk 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum