Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am coding a website using Joomla! 2.5.9 with Ja Univeristy template. I wanted to know if it was possible to set the searchbox from the Joomla! search module as a parent menu item ? I do not want the searchbox to appear through a deploying submenu by creating an item menu with a separator, I want the searchbox to be always visible and “within” the meagamenu, just like if it was a parent menu item.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

TomC Moderator

If you’re asking if you can have the search box appear within (or over) the main nav menu bar – the answer is yes.
    The easiest way to accomplish this would be to “overlay” the search box over the menu – via CSS z-index modification.

Might you be able to create a screenshot mock-up of how you are wanting the menu + search box to display?

aalisg Friend

Hi, my website URL is http://www.aalisg.org. In fact I want to interchange searchbox and “CONNEXION” menu item positions.

Regards

phong nam Friend

Hi aalisg,

As I understand you want to replace “CONNEXION” menu item with a Search Box ?
    Pls check out my attached file for details.

Regards,

Leo

1. search1
    aalisg Friend

Yes, exactly !

phong nam Friend

Hi aalisg,

I’m really sorry for late reply. Here is my guide on your concern:
    In this case, you need to to create a Login module for Connexian instead of a menu item.

1. Delete or disable Connexian menu in Menus.
    2. On your server, open templatesja_universitycsstemplate.css. Then replace lines:

#ja-search {
    bottom: 20px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

with lines:

#ja-search {
    float: right;
    margin-top: 7px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

** Style your ja-connexian { // your style here}
    3. Open pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultblocksheader.php. Then replace lines:

<?php if($this->countModules('search')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

with lines

<?php if($this->countModules('connexian')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-connexian">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="connexian" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

4. Open templatesja_universitytemplateDetails.xml. Then add this line:
    <position>connexian</position>
    Save.

5. Open templatesja_universityblocksmainnav.php. Then at line 18 insert:

<?php if($this->countModules('search')) : ?>
    <span id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </span>
    <?php endif; ?>

6. Create a Login module in Connexian position.

Save. Clean T3 cache. Lets check my snapshot for details.

Regards,

Leo

1. 3-6-2013-4-41-03-PM
    aalisg Friend

Plese find enclose a screenshot of the modifications I want to do.

Regards

1. menu-modifications-wanted
    TomC Moderator

<em>@aalisg 363220 wrote:</em><blockquote>Plese find enclose a screenshot of the modifications I want to do.

Regards

</blockquote>
    Was Leo Burnett’s suggestion not helpful ??

aalisg Friend

IN fact he did not tell me how to do it, just show want I wanted to do. I do not blame him, he vas very kind to show me.

phong nam Friend

<em>@aalisg 363254 wrote:</em><blockquote>IN fact he did not tell me how to do it, just show want I wanted to do. I do not blame him, he vas very kind to show me.</blockquote>

Hi aalisg,

I already updated my previous reply based on your screenshot above. Pls try my guide and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Leo

rotechenterprise Friend

Hi Leo, i’m trying to accomplish what you have demonstrated in post #6 search module at the end of the menu. I have follow the instructions but still having issues getting this done. Does your instructions apply to any Ja_University template? Or mainly for Aslisg request? Thank you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@rotechenterprise 444318 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Leo, i’m trying to accomplish what you have demonstrated in post #6 search module at the end of the menu. I have follow the instructions but still having issues getting this done. Does your instructions apply to any Ja_University template? Or mainly for Aslisg request? Thank you.</blockquote>

If you are utilizing the same elements as aalisg, then it should work.

Which version of JA University are you working with?

rotechenterprise Friend

Thank you Tom. Currently i’m using Joomla 3.2. I would like to have the default search position available for a language translator but i want to bring down the Search Module to the menu.

If a user visits the page on a mobile device would the search menu still appear on top and not get hidden within the navigation responsive bar? I need to keep both on display at all time. Thank you advanced.

Eragon H Friend

Hi rotechenterprise

What’ve done in post #6 is creating another search position and styling it to stay at the same position of Megamenu. It’s not about putting the search to menu. So the search will not behave as the menu (like collapsing …).

So, let me clarify your need:
    1. Set the search module to the position which is same to a Menu
    2. This search module will be display in every layout.

Kindly correct me if i’m wrong.

Best regards

rotechenterprise Friend

Hi Eragon,

i have taken some snapshots of what i’m trying to accomplish, if this is possible can you please guide me through the steps?

Current Layout:
    Current Responsive Issue:

Ideal Layout:
    Ideal Responsive Version:

I highly appreciate your help!

1. Current-Layout
    2. Ideal-Layout
    3. Responsive-Issue
    4. Ideal-Responsive
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rotechenterprise 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum