Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on as well.

rotechenterprise Friend

Sorry about that Tom, the url is http://www./.com. Thank you again!

TomC Moderator

Try This . . . .

If you haven’t already done so, create a “custom.css” file within file path –> /templates/ja_university/css/

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rules:

#ja-mainnav {
    z-index: 0;
    }

#ja-search {
    bottom: -40px;
    right: 175px;
    z-index: 999;
    }

Getting Closer ??? 😎

rotechenterprise Friend

Gave it a tried but the search position didn’t move.

TomC Moderator

<em>@rotechenterprise 444511 wrote:</em><blockquote>Gave it a tried but the search position didn’t move.</blockquote>

In that case, can you do me a favor and PM me a temporary admin login?

rotechenterprise Friend

Will do Tom but can you guide me first from the start in case i’m missing something.

To make it simple i just want another position right under the search to have it display as follow both in Wide View and Responsive:

1. Ideal-Responsive
    TomC Moderator

So you no longer want your search box on the same plane/within your main navigation menu?

rotechenterprise Friend

If its less complex to the other method than that would do fine. Language under Search bar or vice-versa.

I kept going over the instruction to see if the custom.css would work and it gave me a double of both the language and search box then when testing the responsive when made into a smaller screen the search box was a bit overlaying on the Navigation menu.

TomC Moderator

<em>@rotechenterprise 444525 wrote:</em><blockquote>If its less complex to the other method than that would do fine. Language under Search bar or vice-versa.

I kept going over the instruction to see if the custom.css would work and it gave me a double of both the language and search box then when testing the responsive when made into a smaller screen the search box was a bit overlaying on the Navigation menu.</blockquote>

Which is why I wanted to check something in your site admin backend – so I could try to provide better suggestion(s)

TomC Moderator

Okay, Try This . . . .

Within file path —> /templates/ja_university/css/template.css
    at line 9, modify as follows:

#ja-search {
    bottom: 5px;
    left: 230px;

margin-top: 7px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Is that along the lines of what you were thinking (in your last screenshot image)?

rotechenterprise Friend

Nice! How can we get both modules on the right when viewed on a web browser?
    (the position of the search module, language on top)

And the search button on the right of the search box.

Right now is perfect for a mobile device setting just need the search button on the right.

TomC Moderator

<em>@rotechenterprise 444544 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nice! How can we get both modules on the right when viewed on a web browser?
    (the position of the search module, language on top)

And the search button on the right of the search box.

Right now is perfect for a mobile device setting just need the search button on the right.</blockquote>

Same file path to template.css file . . . .

For some reason, it’s identifying the CSS rule below at the same “Line 9” as the Search box suggestion I made above. Not sure why this is – as it shouldn’t be. So, within your template.css file, the following should be 20 or so lines down from the top:

input, select, textarea, .inputbox {
    padding: 2px;
    }

Modify as follows:

input, select, textarea, .inputbox {
    padding: 2px;
    float: right;
    }

Better ??

rotechenterprise Friend

Many thanks Tom!!

Last request is there a way that we can make the select language further up and the search box a bit further down.

Realizing that when selecting language from the bottom its being cover by the search box and now giving you the drop down.

You guys are great (Global Moderator / Support Team) !!

TomC Moderator

<em>@rotechenterprise 444548 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many thanks Tom!!

Last request is there a way that we can make the select language further up and the search box a bit further down.

Realizing that when selecting language from the bottom its being cover by the search box and now giving you the drop down.

You guys are great (Global Moderator / Support Team) !!</blockquote>

Sure . . . Though can you give me an idea of how far you want each element up/down?

rotechenterprise Friend

What would be the code so that i can play around with it?

I can’t click the Select Language where the blue bar is:

1. Blue-Covering-Select-Language
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rotechenterprise 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum