Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I would like to add a secondary menu under the MegaMenu with a series of single item selections. Is this something I can do with this theme?

Thank you

himangi Friend

If you mean like the simple dropdown menu with multiple submenu links,
    For example
    Home
    – About Us
    – Contact Us

then yes you can do that with megamenu..

skeeterharris Friend

Actually no what I mean is having a another menu below the megamenu so if you look at the site I am working on:

http://macvillagepro.com/joomla161/

What I want to do is have a secondary menu below the megamenu with items like
    Contact Us, Directions and Hours, Gift Certificates, Weekly Specials, Order Mulch

himangi Friend

Hi,

If you are fine with using the same styling as the current menu, you can just keep adding menu items in the same menu and it should overflow items on the next line.

Otherwise, you can add a position below the menu block and display the new menu items you want from a new menu module, and style them as you want. But I am not sure how you can have submenus in that case.

skeeterharris Friend

I would like to add a position for a second single line menu with no submenus but not sure how to do that – can you please give me the steps I need to take so I can define a menu and have it appear right below the megamenu but on top of where the slideshow sits?

Thanks

himangi Friend
    1. To add a new position go to Joomla Admin panel > Extensions > Template Manager > Ja Droid. Click on LAYOUTS tab in right column.
    2. Click on EDIT link infront of DEFAULT layout. You will find
      <blockquote><block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
      <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
      <block name=”slideshow” type=”modules” style=”raw” >slideshow</block></blockquote>
      in the layout code.

Add <blockquote><block name=”something” type=”modules” >yourposition</block></blockquote> after <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>

3. Save the layout and template and close it.
    4. Go to Extensions > Module manager and publish your menu module at yourposition. The menu will appear in a unordered list format.
    5. Now open template.css and add styling for your menu..
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum