Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I need to have the Contacts Component display its contact as the ‘normal’ alternating row colors. This template just uses flat white and can make it hard to differentiate one contact from another.

The sectiontableentry1 and sectiontableentry2 normally takes care of this, I cant pick where the template has over-ridden it.

cybatek Friend

As far as alternating row colors go, they have been removed from other component areas too such as Polls

Michael Casha Friend

Look for this in the CSS:

tr.sectiontableentry1 td {
    padding: 8px 5px;
    background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-x bottom;
    }

tr.sectiontableentry2 td {
    padding: 8px 5px;
    }

tr.sectiontableentry1:hover td,
    tr.sectiontableentry2:hover td {
    }

cybatek Friend

Thanks Mike

Tried to change that area, I even turn the dot.gif to a shock pink just to see where it turns up (it appears to be the verticle dividing border for some of the 3 col layouts).

What CSS am I supposed to be changing:

template_css.css – I tried that
    orange.css (that’s the colour template I’m using) – tried it no change

I’ve even deleted the dot.gif fot good measure.

It’s not a caching problem or anything like that.

What / where should I specifically change if: I wanted to increase the padding; I want to change row colours.

cybatek Friend

Hi guys, still needing an assist on controlling the (lack of) alternating row color feature.

I get that the answer should be in the CSS code: tr.sectiontableentry1 td and tr.sectiontableentry2 td, but I have changed these with no change in the situation (i.e. there is no alternate shading of my rows for areas such as the the contact table; it’s all just uniformly white – which makes it visually hard see one contacts row of information from the other)

Look forward to another response.

cybatek Friend

Here’s the solution I glued together:

the template_css.css holds one part of the answer, at:

tr.sectiontableentry1:hover td,
    tr.sectiontableentry2:hover td

…I made an entry of background-color:#DDDDDD

I also removed any ref to background dot.gif for sectiontableentry entries

I then had to go to contact.html.php and I added this tag in the ‘Display Table of items’ part of the code:

<tr class=”sectiontableentry1″>

After doing BOTH changes, now when I mouse over a row of information in a contacts table it will light up to #DDDDDD color.

This solution is not 100% perfect because I still can’t get the normal behaviour ‘tr.sectiontableentry1 td ‘ and ‘tr.sectiontableentry2 td’ working with background colors (from the template_css.css file). The hover will have to do I guess.

It was go to find the contact.html.php file because it also let me fine tune the row spacing and width %’s too.

Hope this helps someone else 😮

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cybatek 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum