Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Please consider making JA Advanced Custom Module (JA ACM) self contained, being able to run on any JA theme.
    Not being able to use it with *all* JA themes, old and new, is a disadvantage and its forcing us to use other similar 3rd party products. I can image this would also make ACM more profitable as an independent plugin/module.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi suzanna,

I will pass this to the development team for further consideration 🙂

suzanna Friend

Thank you. I hope they will seriously consider this as it would add missing functionality to all Bootstrap 2.0 themes.
    Here is a few other benefits for self contained and independent JA ACM:

– its easier than updating old themes which may never happen for many of them.
    – why buy a theme that doesn’t run JA ACM? tons of functionality is not available. that’s a huge revenue loss.
    – revenue — JA ACM can be used as a CCK and bought as a separate plugin/component
    – this is exactly what competition is doing, making self contained components like JA ACM

gavind Friend

Giving this a +1 as well please.

seavashr Friend

I agree with the idea too.

But a note, not all ACM can be used everywhere, many need full-screen expansion. If the design of template restrict this (let say for artistic or any other reason). ACM will not look nice.

I have tried taking dependencies of ACM and integrate them into older templates, but it is a pain and sometime not possible.

However, if the developer team try their best to make ACM (as much as possible) compatible with future templates that would be great.

OR at least have a version of ACM that has all its CSS self-contained.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  seavashr 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum