Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve come across a few bugs/issues that I’m hoping you can help with.

– JA image hotspot module doesn’t function properly after logging into the site. It works well when not logged in.

– The drop down menu at the top keeps disappearing when you go down to select one of the menu items. Chrome/OS X, in Firefox it seems to work ok and in Windows it also works fine.

– The drop down menu at the top doesn’t show up on smaller sizes even tough the responsive has been switched off. I’ve already compiled less to css, that didn’t seem to change it.

Thx

1. Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-6.09.25-PM
    2. Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-6.08.53-PM
    Eragon H Friend

1. Can you let me know where I can log-in to check the Image Hotspot issue

2. Is it issue occur only on Chrome in OSX? .I tested the Chrome in Windows and there is no issue

3. In small screen, we use different Navigation system to optimize the view in small screen. They are
    – Collapse navigation for small screens
    – Off-canvas sidebar

You can find more information about them here: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/menu-system.html#collapse-menu

hooftman Friend

1. At /component/users/?view=login

2. Yes, both Windows and OS X have the same issue, I tested on two machines.

3. I don’t understand. Responsive is OFF, so why does it need to use collapse navigation or off canvas navigation? When Responsive is OFF it should just show the whole menu. The viewing size of the site is still the same, why does the menu need to disappear?

Also, I didn’t get any notification in the email that there was a reply to this post, so I replied late. Happened with another post as well, although I got it the first few times.

Eragon H Friend

1. It seems there is a jQuery conflict with the front-end module edit of joomla (http://prntscr.com/54ulmp). With normal user, this issue doesn’t appear.
    So, this issue only occur when you log-in as admin user.
    For further check, can you provide temporary Super User

2. I tested the Chrome in both Window and OSX but didn’t face the issue
    Chrome version 38.0.2125.111 in Window 7
    Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111 in OSX 10.10

3. Yes. When the Responsive OFF, it will show the whole menu.
    I tested in our testing site and it is working properly >> http://prntscr.com/54uo2q

Can you back-up your site then I will try to configure in your site.

hooftman Friend

Ok, I’ve backed up my site. Can you please try to fix the menu. I will send you the login details via private message.

Also whenever I update the template, all my color and css changes are gone, so I haven’t updated it as it looked like a mess after I did that.

Eragon H Friend

1. If you make change directly to the files such as template.css, your change will be lost when you update template or compiling LESS to CSS

>> You should put your change into file root/templates/ja_biz/css/custom.css (create this file if unavailable)

2. The menu is fixed after Compiling LESS to CSS >>

So, kindly follow this steps

a. Restore your backup

b. Moving the changes to the file custom.css above

c. Compiling LESS to CSS: Extensions >> Template Manager >> Select a JA-Biz style >> Compile LESS to CSS

1. Screenshot_1
    hooftman Friend

hi, I’ve seen you’ve updated the template and the menu stays, which is great, however a couple things aren’t right.

Main issue, the images on pages like this don’t autoresize as they did before.

http://www.hooftman.nl/v40

And on this page they are a lot smaller than before

http://www.hooftman.nl/volvo-nieuws

Other styling issues are:
    The top black bar needs to be gone.
    The logo needs to be larger
    The title box on the slider needs to be wider
    The thumbnail box on the slider used to be more to the right.
    The content of the main page was less wide so it still aligns with those thumbnails
    The grey background behind the social icons at the bottom right needs to be removed.
    The extra accordion menu at the top is gone.

That’s all. I can fix the styling myself in the css but then whenever you guys have an update, it’s all gone again. The resizing of the images I don’t know how to fix.

Eragon H Friend

These issues are fixed. If you still have any concerns, kindly let me know by posting them here

hooftman Friend

Hi, yes thanks for the help.

Just one issue, the css changes for the slideshow don’t display when I put them in the custom.css

where am I supposed to put them? if I change in the slideshow css then next time there’s an update they will be gone.

Eragon H Friend

After upgrading, your current modified files are moved to the local folder, which has higher priority. For more information about this, you can read HERE

This is reason why the css of slideshow is read from file templates/local/css/themes/volvo/mod_jaslideshow.css rather than templates/css/custom.css

To solve this issue, you can just copy the file custom.css to the folder templates/local/css/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum