Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We’ re using Uber Template (App style) to design our new site and we’re almost done but we have several questions we’ d like to solve before launching it.

Here they are and sorry in advance for the number of questions and my english:

A. Regarding the logo (for example, in http://www.whiterabbit.cat):

1. Even if we use a png file for the logo, the transparency doesn’t work. Do you now how could we fix that?

2. We’ d like to use a wider logo image (and occupy more horizontal space in the menu header). How could we do that? If we use a wider image it is automatically resized to 54 x52.

B. Regarding the contact page (http://www.whiterabbit.cat/contact)

3. How could we do to display the text inside the form fields (‘Name’, ‘Mail’, etc.) in spanish, not in english. For your information, the default language of our site is already spanish.

4. On the bottom of the page we’ re displaying a map using the JA map extension. However, we changed the code on the module to display our exact latitude and longitude but the map remains centered on New York (nothing changed).

Previously we inserted a new api key and we changed the location target on the plugin but doesn’t work. By the way, we were wondering why when we change the location the code to be inserted (in ‘Code container’) doesn’t change?

C. Regarding the copyright in the footer (for example, in http://www.whiterabbit.cat)

5. We’ d like to remove the Joomlart and Joomla copyrights from the footer of our site (paid the copyright removal on our subscription) and we can’t figure out how. We’ ve already verified our domain in our account > Your domains > JA Copyright Removal for 01 domain. And we’ve already read Joomlart’s article on that subject too (Remove JA copyrights from template’s footer) but we are not very confident on exactly which text we’d have to remove.

D. MENUS

6. We’ d like to insert a new menu item (button style) next to the existing one (button ‘Reserva’ with green background). How could we do that?We tried to, but if we add a new menu item to the menu, it displays the buttons in vertical and without space beetween them.

7. We tried to create a submenu item parented with a main menu item but it it looks weird, doesn’t looks integrated with the menu header. You can take a look by publishing the ‘Submenu’ item on our main menu.

8. We’ d like the off-canvas menu to only be displayed in mobile phones, not on desktop. Could you help us to do that?

D. Other questions

9. Do you have any extension or predesigned block/module to create a FAQs page?

10. Is it possible to display two block modules side by side? One next to each other, in parallel, I mean (not very sure how to express that in english).

Thanks so much in advance,

Tomas

TomC Moderator

<em>@cnventures 505504 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

We’ re using Uber Template (App style) to design our new site and we’re almost done but we have several questions we’ d like to solve before launching it.

A. Regarding the logo (for example, in http://www.whiterabbit.cat):

1. Even if we use a png file for the logo, the transparency doesn’t work. Do you now how could we fix that?

2. We’ d like to use a wider logo image (and occupy more horizontal space in the menu header). How could we do that? If we use a wider image it is automatically resized to 54 x52.

Tomas</blockquote>

Hi Tomas:

Let’s tackle one issue at a time . . . . #1 – LOGO

Within file path —> /templates/uber/acm/header/css/style.css
    at line 64, you should see the following CSS rule:

div.logo-image img {
    max-height: 52px;
    max-width: 100%;
    }

Modify as follows . . . . the pixel values below are for EXAMPLE PURPOSES ONLY:

div.logo-image img {
    height: 200px;
    width: 200px;

}

Depending on the dimensions of your logo image, you may need to adjust one other CSS rule to accommodate. Same file path as above … line 887:

.uber-header.header-5 {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    height: 100px;
    padding-bottom: 26px;
    padding-top: 26px;
    }

Play around with that until you arrive at the result you’re happy with.

Hope That Helps.

TomC Moderator

C. Regarding the copyright in the footer (for example, in http://www.whiterabbit.cat)

5. We’ d like to remove the Joomlart and Joomla copyrights from the footer of our site (paid the copyright removal on our subscription) and we can’t figure out how. We’ ve already verified our domain in our account > Your domains > JA Copyright Removal for 01 domain. And we’ve already read Joomlart’s article on that subject too (Remove JA copyrights from template’s footer) but we are not very confident on exactly which text we’d have to remove.

Tomas</blockquote>

Yuo can refer to our COPYRIGHT REMOVAL FAQ Page.

cnventures Friend

What about the rest of the questions? Should I open another thread?

TomC Moderator

<em>@cnventures 505519 wrote:</em><blockquote>What about the rest of the questions? Should I open another thread?</blockquote>
    I would if I were you . . . Some of those are outside MY level of expertise, but others of my Support Team Colleagues can surely assist. 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

B. Regarding the contact page (http://www.whiterabbit.cat/contact)

3. How could we do to display the text inside the form fields (‘Name’, ‘Mail’, etc.) in spanish, not in english. For your information, the default language of our site is already spanish.

4. On the bottom of the page we’ re displaying a map using the JA map extension. However, we changed the code on the module to display our exact latitude and longitude but the map remains centered on New York (nothing changed).

Previously we inserted a new api key and we changed the location target on the plugin but doesn’t work. By the way, we were wondering why when we change the location the code to be inserted (in ‘Code container’) doesn’t change?

Tomas</blockquote>

You can find the answer with your question above

B.3

+ Open templates/uber/js/script.js file find and change with my hightlight text

$('#jform_contact_name', formContact).attr('placeholder', 'Name');
    $('#jform_contact_email', formContact).attr('placeholder','Mail');
    $('#jform_contact_emailmsg', formContact).attr('placeholder','Subject');
    $('#jform_contact_message', formContact).attr('placeholder','Write your message here');

B.4

+ Go to admin site -> Module manager -> find Map module and change

{jamap target_lat='41.38630921399363' target_long='2.1600102999999535'}

to

{jamap to_location='Barcelona' map_width='2000' target_lat='41.38630921399363' target_long='2.1600102999999535'}

Regarding to other questions, you can give me the screenshot to see problem on your site. I will help you to check it further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum