Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Good Morning,
    I registered my profile into AddThis, to activate the Sharing Tools, I got the code with my ID, and I inserted it into the template Before head custom code, but the social icons don’t appear.

If I use in my website the code I find into the quickstart, it works immediatly.
    So, it’s not a template issue. But, my question is: do I need to do something on my AddThis profile? Do I need to select a share tool and customize it?
    Because the code I get from the general “Get the code button” doesn’t work.
    This is not explained on the documentation.

Regards,
    F.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello sharing button is already defined in the template , you just need to add the js script into header from template options .
    As u can see in this doc
    If you want to other social icons on your site, you have to add it into templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/sharing_tools.php file

fbernardello Friend

Dear pankajsharma,
    I have already followed the linked doc.
    By the way, with my code, the icons dont’ appear, but if I put in my site the code I find on the Teline V quickstart installation (I installed it locally) it works perfectly.
    So, I don’t understan if I need to do something on AddThis side.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@fbernardello 481164 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear pankajsharma,
    By the way, with my code, the icons dont’ appear, but if I put in my site the code I find on the Teline V quickstart installation (I installed it locally) it works perfectly.
    </blockquote>
    Dear Sir i am not able to understand your native language . It would be better if you will share your site details here so i can check the issue .
    Normally you only need to add the script that is showing in doc , just add your ID in script for tracking .

fbernardello Friend

Ok, I try to explain it better:
    1 – I followed the instructions described in the doc you linked.
    2 – I registered to AddThis.
    3 – I got the code from AddThis. This is the code:
    <!– Go to http://www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools –>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-5595564a0ca52480″ async=”async”></script>
    So, my ID is ra-5595564a0ca52480

4 – I insert this code into the Teline V template, in Before head custom code.
    It’s not working.

5 – I look at the code which is in the quickstart:
    <!– Go to http://www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools –>
    <!–> –>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-548fde827970ba6d” async=”async”></script>
    <!– <!–>
    quickstart ID is ra-548fde827970ba6d

6 – I insert this code in my website
    It works.

7 – If I replace the quickstart ID (ra-548fde827970ba6d) in my site with my ID (ra-5595564a0ca52480), it doesn’t work anymore.

Regards,
    F.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I am not sure about the issue is from AddThis or from our product .
    In this case i need to check your site , Send me your working site super user admin details , so i can check this issue directly on your site.

fbernardello Friend

Ok, thank you. I sent you a private message.

Regards,
    Federico

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello the admin details u sent in PM is using a third party template and site Running on Joomla 1.5 .
    Teline V is only for Joomla 3.3.x and upper version not compatible with J1.5 and 2.5

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello the admin details u sent in PM is using a third party template and site Running on Joomla 1.5 .
    Teline V is only for Joomla 3.3.x and upper version not compatible with J1.5 and 2.5

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

fbernardello Friend

That one is the old website.
    I’m developing the new one with Joomla 3, and Teline template.
    As the new one is not yet published, you have to add an entry to your local host file, to be able to accesss, as I describet to you in my private message.

fbernardello Friend

As the new one is not yet published, you have to add an entry to your local host file, to be able to accesss, as I describet to you in my private message.

fbernardello Friend

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear Sir
    For better debugging please make site live or assign it on a subdomain so i can check it for you .
    currently its opening your old site on my end , already tried the method that u sent.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear Sir
    For better debugging please make site live or assign it on a subdomain so i can check it for you .
    currently its opening your old site on my end , already tried the method that u sent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fbernardello 9 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum