Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

My website is currently showing frontpage items in the frontpage itsself, as I guess the masonry thing is supposed to do.

I would like, though, that each item opens in its own page (and not in the frontpage , shifting the other articles to the side).

Do you know how I can achieve this?

Thank you!
    Amin

amam Friend

Hi once again,

I have seen some sites that seem to work with this “open item in new page and not in frontpage” thing.
    I was hoping it could be something quite simple.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

swissa Friend

<em>@amam 366135 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi once again,

I have seen some sites that seem to work with this “open item in new page and not in frontpage” thing.
    I was hoping it could be something quite simple.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!</blockquote>

It is really simple! Go to admin / template manager / ja_lens / and in Advanced Options on the right set ‘Popup preview’ to ‘no’.

🙂

amam Friend

Hi Swissa,

Thanks for the fast reply. In fact i tried this but it did not work. Do you have information if this particular functionality had any bug in the past (that eventually got fixed in new releases)? Is there any manual modification that i could do to make it work?

I havent done any updates for a while since they will require some manual maintenance..

swissa Friend

I don’t recall seeing any bugs flagged up regarding this in earlier versions.

Could be a browser cache issue – have you tried clearing the cache or using a new browser?

Otherwise, I’d do an akeeba backup, save it to your desktop, copy any edited css files to your desktop too and then use JA Extension Manager to do an update. See if it fixes the issue and then copy back your css edits.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello Amin,

In order to make each item opens in its own page, go to backend >> template manager >> JA Lens >> Set like this capture: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/584/7822383717.png

Hope this helps.

amam Friend

Hi Swissa and Luna,

It is exactly this that was not working with my (previous) version of the template. However, updating it to the most recent version solves the problem (i couldnt tell exactly which file was involved but its something inside the templates/ja-lens folder).

Thanks for the support!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  amam 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum