Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Is possible to use just one column instead two?
    Well, I know that this is possible, but I need to have the right position (or left position) with a width of 250px.
    Thanks in advance,

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Easiest way to get rid of an entire module column…is to make sure none of your MODULES are set to show in the RIGHT or LEFT column. With nothing set for RIGHT (OR LEFT) then that area will collapse automatically.

Once you’ve successfully gotten down to where you are just showing the main content area and one column then the CSS code you need to concern yourself with…to get that remaining column to the 250 px width you want is:

in template_css.css (line 787)

#ja-colwrap {
    float:right;
    width:40%;
    }

It’s always better to work in percentages rather than exact pixels.

So once you’ve figured out how wide you want the above…
    then set the main column width…so that both combined equal 100%.

template_css.css (line 767)

#ja-content {
    float:left;
    width:60%;
    }

WARNING: If the total of the two widths is OVER 100%…then the column on the right will get shot down below the page.

Have fun!
    John.

rcorai Friend

Hi,
    I tried with this but is not working. I canĀ“t see any change on my site. :((
    Do I have to modify another line?

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

aduff Friend

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. My right column – which did sit where it should – now sits at the bottom of the screen off to the right.

I am confident I have made an adjustment without ralizing the consequences. I have confirmed the setting are as jbrett suggested above.

Any ideas?

aduff,
    tas au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aduff 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum