Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I would like to use sidebar position space for category description. Normally I use catgories to show information throw the menu, without select different layouts, using by default. Now, in some categories I would like to show their description using also space used by sidebar1. With /?tp=1 I showed that position used by categories is position 1 and in the left side I have sidebar1 without content and I need to remove that position, save as another layout and assign this layout with the items thank link to those categories.

I think is not difficult, but normaly I used to work with the template by default and …

Can you help me? How can I do it?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Not entirely certain what it is you are wanting to accomplish

Are you, perhaps, able to throw together a quick screenshot mockup of what you’re thinking about?

lailuluelo Friend

I would like position 1 have the space of sidebar1, but only for some categories because I have modules published in sidebar1 that I want to show when I show the others categories. Sorry for my poor english…

Saguaros Moderator

By default, we provide several layouts for this template, could you tell me which layout you’re using for this page? you can also post your site’s URL here so that I can take a look

lailuluelo Friend

I think Defualt layout

The site is staar.es, thanks|

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>I think Defualt layout</blockquote>
    You can check the menu item Quienes somos to see which template style is assigned. Then you go to template manager > Select that template style > Layout tab > you will know which layout it’s using.

Next, you can duplicate this layout by using ‘save as copy button: http://prntscr.com/4lzp79

Open the new layout and hide the sidebar-1 and sidebar-2 position: http://prntscr.com/4lzpr2 , then assign template style with this new layout to above Quienes somos menu item.

Hope this makes senses.

lailuluelo Friend

Thank you very much Saguaros. I changed also the layout assigned to JA Biz default 2, becuase was home and didn´t work. I changed to default, modify and save as copy.

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lailuluelo 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum