Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Okay, so I think I want to use Ja_RaSite for my blog… I started to set it up and I was all proud of myself that I got the slideshow to work similar to the demo, I tested the blog page and it looked good, but then I clicked on an article to view it and the whole site breaks.

Please take a look and let me know how to fix it.

Go to the homepage, and click on “Readmore” on the first slide that pops up (labeled Grand Opening). The whole site breaks! Any idea what I could have done wrong?

I think it has something to do with the URLs that are being created. These don’t look like regular Joomla! URLs

-removed-/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:grand-opening&catid=43:front

(At least, I’ve never seen :colons: in them before.

The site is -removed- and the slideshow is right on the homepage in the “top” position.

EDIT: Attached is a screen shot to make it easier for you.

EDIT 2: This seems to happen on EVERY page that is not the homepage…

EDIT 3: After further looking at it, I figured out that it works as long as the slideshow is ONLY on the frontpage. When the module was set to every page, (only because I was still testing with it and hadn’t switched it off yet) it would only work on the frontpage, and every other page would appear as in the before attached screenshot.

I think this should be looked into because I’m sure there are sites where they would like to have the slideshow on each page. I don’t need it but it definitely shouldn’t be built that way.

I think JoomlaArt templates are awesome and have been really impressed so far but some of the things that are “standard” in YooTheme and Rockettheme templates are left amiss with JoomlaArt templates. I think they look really great, but there a lot of inconsistencies across the templates in module positions, typography, and the documentation. There are many headaches and a learning curve you have to go through to get them setup to work for you, but I have to say once you get through it its definitely worth it!

1. screenshot
    Anonymous Moderator

hi,

We are investigating your problems but it is easier to duplicate the issues if you send over the live url to your site (if any)

lorddonk Friend

Thank you for your help,

I was just reporting it as a bug, however, as I was preparing access for you and turned the slideshow to appear on every page again I can’t get it to happen anymore.

I’m not sure what it was, but sorry for wasting your time but it appears to have worked itself out.

Initially, I resolved the problem by setting the slideshow not to appear on every page, but what fixed it now I’m not sure.. Thank you for your time, and thank you for the awesome templates! 🙂

lorddonk Friend

<em>@lorddonk 205192 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your help,

I was just reporting it as a bug, however, as I was preparing access for you and turned the slideshow to appear on every page again I can’t get it to happen anymore.

I’m not sure what it was, but sorry for wasting your time but it appears to have worked itself out.

Initially, I resolved the problem by setting the slideshow not to appear on every page, but what fixed it now I’m not sure.. Thank you for your time, and thank you for the awesome templates! :)</blockquote>

Hmm… actually, its just my server caches a lot. Actually the problem is NOT fixed. I will send you an account via PM so you can take a look. Again this is not an issue for me since I only want the slideshow on the homepage, but its definitely a “bug” you should look into, especially if it does this in every template.

Edit: PM was just send. PLease check your messages.

Saguaros Moderator

I checked your issue on the IE, FireFox, Chrome and everything is working
    Please see my screenshot

lorddonk Friend

tienhc, you fell for the same thing I did 🙂

It does work on the “category blog page” as per your screenshot, but click on any of the articles to open them and you will the error.

It breaks on “Article Layout” type pages.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@lorddonk 205315 wrote:</em><blockquote>tienhc, you fell for the same thing I did 🙂

It does work on the “category blog page” as per your screenshot, but click on any of the articles to open them and you will the error.

It breaks on “Article Layout” type pages.</blockquote>

Sorry for my delay,
    But, at that testing time, i clicked links of slideshows, and checked in the article layout, everything was working well :|,
    and lost your link’s site, please kindly send me the link via the PM, i would like to check again

Thanks

lorddonk Friend

tienhc,

Sorry, I’m impossible to get ahold of during the week. :-[ I have sent you a Private Message with the details for accessing ths site.

Thank you for your time and let me know if I can do anything to help!

EDIT: 12/10/10 Sorry I really need to put my site live this weekend and it has been a week with no response. I can’t just leave it up for you guys to look at whenever. I think you can obtain the same results if you set your demo site to have the slideshow on “Every” page and then went to see a content article,. Sorry, and thank you for your time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lorddonk 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum