Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

In IE8 When a user tries to logon to the site the screen comes back for the user to try again. If the screen is switched to compatibility mode the user is shown a logged in. The number of logged on users is defferent between standard and compatibility mode. Is there an IE8 CSS adjustment for the compatibility issues?

himangi Friend

Hi,

I checked your site and login worked properly in my IE8. I dont think the login issue is anyway related to the JA template / extensions being used. Can you please confirm that? I could nt check it cause your site loads very slowly at my end.

Please check if the issue is template specific or not ..

L John Friend

<em>@himangi 254377 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I checked your site and login worked properly in my IE8. I dont think the login issue is anyway related to the JA template / extensions being used. Can you please confirm that? I could nt check it cause your site loads very slowly at my end.

Please check if the issue is template specific or not ..</blockquote>

Here are my discoveries.
    Your login was treated in the system as ghost login and would loop on the logout;

The Configuration.php seem to be affecting this.

$livesite = ‘http://www.the…..’; does not quite work.
    $livesite = ‘http://’. $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’]; this works in Firefox but gives a PHP error in IE.

Problem: users are logged into the system as a guest; and the login page loops. The user is not logged in as a registered user.

I would like all users to enter the system via http://www…..

Set $livesite= http://www.the…. firefox not responding/ IE works to a point.. still testing

himangi Friend

Hi

I am sorry I am not sure exactly what is happening so I have asked othe JA team member to look at the issue but havent got any update for you right now. Please wait till I get some info on this.

Thank you for your patience!

Sherlock Friend

hi ljohn,

The problem maybe related to joomla core section, Could you let me know which joomla version you are running ? also you can post a question to joomla forum to get assistance as well.

L John Friend

<em>@dathq 255108 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi ljohn,

The problem maybe related to joomla core section, Could you let me know which joomla version you are running ? also you can post a question to joomla forum to get assistance as well.</blockquote>

I am on Joomla 1.6.4.
    Will post the question in the Joomla Forum.

L John Friend

OK; I found this in the Joomla Forum: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2506694

It seem to have the same problems:
    – The users are logged in but the login screen does not re-direct them into the site; they are not aware that the login was successful
    – The menus for registered users does not appear
    – The user shows up in the back end as logged on.

Does this have anything to do with the T3 Framework? – The test of Dev will reveal more.

Everything works fine in my test environment but I have all the cache turned off; I will turn cache on to see what happens.

L John Friend

<em>@ljohn 255739 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK; I found this in the Joomla Forum: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2506694

It seem to have the same problems:
    – The users are logged in but the login screen does not re-direct them into the site; they are not aware that the login was successful
    – The menus for registered users does not appear
    – The user shows up in the back end as logged on.

Does this have anything to do with the T3 Framework? – The test of Dev will reveal more.

Everything works fine in my test environment but I have all the cache turned off; I will turn cache on to see what happens.</blockquote>

My development system is a copy of the live site.

When all cache is turned on the menus for registered user is not available. When all cache is turned off they are available.
    The login form looping does not occur in Dev.

Which elements from cache & compression can be left out as a work around; I need to have some cacheing on the site for performane.

Sherlock Friend

Hi ljohn,

I think you can Exclude caching for the login module, go to your template setting >> Global tab there you enter
    position=pos1
    The pos1 here is the position where login module is assigned .

L John Friend

<em>@dathq 255837 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ljohn,

I think you can Exclude caching for the login module, go to your template setting >> Global tab there you enter
    position=pos1
    The pos1 here is the position where login module is assigned .</blockquote>

dathq,
    Any idea what the position for the menu cache is?
    I beleive both the menu and login cache is at play here; I did the login cache exclusion but the menu is still a problem.

Sherlock Friend

Hi ljoin,

There are not menu caches, that is the module position where the login module is assigned.
    if possible kindly attach here a screenshot describes your issue which will help preventing if we are referring to different issues.

L John Friend

I have found the root cause for my login loop and missing registered user missing menu problems.

When native Joomla caching is turned on, the login screen loops; despite the users being logged onto the system.
    Once in, the user will not be able to see any menu that is assigned to registered users.

Caching is left turned on in the Template configuration; when both joomla native and template caching is turned on login etc.
    fails.

Sherlock Friend

Hi ijohn,

Could you please let me know in details which steps I need to take to get out the problems (which menu items where the problem can be seen) ?

L John Friend

<em>@Dat Hoang 256265 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ijohn,

Could you please let me know in details which steps I need to take to get out the problems (which menu items where the problem can be seen) ?</blockquote>

Here are the steps for the problem.
    Turn on Joomla System Cache; then turn on the Template Cache.

– The login will now start to loop
    – The logout menu item will not appear ( for registered users only)
    The user will be logged in but the system shows that user as a guest.

Turn off the System cache.
    – The login will work;
    – The logout menu item will appear

Please use the dev site for testing. http://dev.sitenamXX

All cache is currently turned off in the system.

chavan Friend

Hi ljohn

Menu cache is a big bug that we are considering to fix. You should temporarily move login outsite of menu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  L John 12 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum