Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Moderator: Please see http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112228&postcount=29 for reply from JoomlArt

Hi,

Please can someone else manage the site of the month SOTM because managed very unprofessional by Miccas

Also you must notice that why isnt very popular because of wrong decision and you dont get many votes from users so please re think again .

bennitos Friend

<em>@didima 111546 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Please can someone else manage the site of the month SOTM because managed very unprofessional by Miccas

Also you must notice that why isnt very popular because of wrong decision and you dont get many votes from users so please re think again .</blockquote>

Why would you call MiCCAS unprofessional? Only because you didnt win?

Regarding your case you might want to read the SOTM rules here

In special this line:
    On the 21th, the post will be closed, and all valid site’s will be added to a poll which will be open to all registered users, whether licensed or not. However, these users MUST have at least one quality post at least 2 weeks before voting begins.

Not sure if thats the reason, but the people that said they voted for your site where new registered users.

Try to be professional yourself and actually ask MiCCAS why you didnt win, instead of saying he is unproffesional in a public forum.

didima Friend

l did read all the rules, however even you not that miccas unprofessional with SOMT, and l dont realy know who is voted for who but poll explaines all and winner is developer again like most of the SOTM winners.

No body else made a comment other than you because you are winner and well done Miccas it was good trick and cheating to get peoples attention to joomla art forum, hopefully someone proffesional from Joomla art will deal with this and get sorted because he can not manage so..

Message has been send to miccas, no reply because l dont think he can explaine but you know all about whos voted for who, is that right ? where do you get that information ?

Any way very unprofessional thats all, let some one professional deal with it for users benefit not HIS

jsliao Friend

i dont see how it was managed unprofessionally. All those who seemingly voted for normatonvoice seem to register from 31st jan till 2nd feb, made a few posts on that day, and disappeared? Certainly smells fishy huh? maybe someone should look into the ip logs.

either way,
    <blockquote>The poll will close on the 29th, in which a winner will be announced and awarded their prize</blockquote>.
    therefore all votes from 30st onwards would probably be nulled. (those unlicensed members and doubtful votes came a little too late)

also
    <blockquote>In the event of discrepancy, the staff running this contest have the final say.</blockquote>
    and i find that miccas did a great job in awarding january’s SOTM by looking into the details instead of just awarding the prize blindly

oh and i think everyone should go and take a look at the profiles of these ‘new’ members and see who they thanked and what they have posted on the forums.

So here are some members in question:
    wakefield: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/user-12567-testimonials-and-our-staff-menu/

starau http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/red-background-in-ja-news-2/

smith5 http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/slide-show-only-half-width-in-ie-11/

didima Friend

well l know smith5 because l was trying to recommend ja template to him however JA should take more security of poll and not let guest vote for it, thats why should change the way they have been managine and get some else do this poll because unprofessional people makes life harder.

You might see all that information but l cant so he is just cocked up

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Have you checked with previous STOM, really all won by developer members??

anisjolly Friend

Actually it’s all down to the people who wish to vote.

Not all members wish to spend their time voting so you can’t force them to vote if they don’t want to.

The members that do vote – at least we’re grateful they spend their time in order to look at all the sites and judge which one they feel is the best.

That’s all we can ask for. I wouldn’t call this unprofessionally run.

questbg Friend

<em>@anisjolly 111720 wrote:</em><blockquote>The members that do vote – at least we’re grateful they spend their time in order to look at all the sites
    </blockquote>

I always check out all the sites, it gives me ideas and inspiration for future sites I may build. I also think it’s a great ‘community’ if people vote and comment on every members site. There’s also quite a few bugs get ironed out every month in the voting process, that at least is worth the effort of nominating a site for each developer.

<em>@anisjolly 111720 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wouldn’t call this unprofessionally run.
    </blockquote>

Me neither Anis. If one takes the time to consider that Miccas is actually very close to the forest fires in Australia that have killed over 180 people in recent days I’m surprised he even managed to post at all this month.

Good on you Miccas!

That’s my twopenneth (two cents whatever) anyhow.

bennitos Friend

<em>@questbg 111743 wrote:</em><blockquote>I always check out all the sites, it gives me ideas and inspiration for future sites I may build. I also think it’s a great ‘community’ if people vote and comment on every members site. There’s also quite a few bugs get ironed out every month in the voting process, that at least is worth the effort of nominating a site for each developer.
    </blockquote>

I also check every site that has been nominated, as usually the quality is quite high. It give’s me some inspiration and to see what components other users use. things like that.

Think its abit of a shame tho, finally become the winner in the 3th try and then to be called a cheater and things like that.

If someone paid attention to how the voting went, after about 10 days i had about 8 votes and had first place, jwellman’s site had about 6 votes and was second place.

didima’s site had about 2 votes, one hour later didima’s site had 10 votes.

In the end those votes turn out to be invalid wich makes me the winner, and then i am the cheater?? odd..

Kinda takes the fun away of winning in the first place.

anisjolly Friend

<em>@didima 111705 wrote:</em><blockquote> JA should take more security of poll and not let guest vote for it</blockquote>

sorry just to point out again, only members can vote!

didima Friend

<em>@bennitos 111751 wrote:</em><blockquote>I also check every site that has been nominated, as usually the quality is quite high. It give’s me some inspiration and to see what components other users use. things like that.

Think its abit of a shame tho, finally become the winner in the 3th try and then to be called a cheater and things like that.

If someone paid attention to how the voting went, after about 10 days i had about 8 votes and had first place, jwellman’s site had about 6 votes and was second place.

didima’s site had about 2 votes, one hour later didima’s site had 10 votes.

In the end those votes turn out to be invalid wich makes me the winner, and then i am the cheater?? odd..

Kinda takes the fun away of winning in the first place.</blockquote>

Come on please tell the truth, l have been watching poll nearly everyday and nothing like that happened, you are a winner so nothing is your fault but you are talking more than everyone because only you and miccas knows whats happening so dont try to explaine because you are making it more bad list keep it quiet man.

didima Friend

<em>@jsliao 111668 wrote:</em><blockquote>i dont see how it was managed unprofessionally. All those who seemingly voted for normatonvoice seem to register from 31st jan till 2nd feb, made a few posts on that day, and disappeared? Certainly smells fishy huh? maybe someone should look into the ip logs.

either way,
    therefore all votes from 30st onwards would probably be nulled. (those unlicensed members and doubtful votes came a little too late)

also

and i find that miccas did a great job in awarding january’s SOTM by looking into the details instead of just awarding the prize blindly

oh and i think everyone should go and take a look at the profiles of these ‘new’ members and see who they thanked and what they have posted on the forums.

So here are some members in question:
    wakefield: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/user-12567-testimonials-and-our-staff-menu/

starau http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/red-background-in-ja-news-2/

smith5 http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/slide-show-only-half-width-in-ie-11/

so my site never had any vote , is that what you are trying to say or what because not making any sense with what miccas told me :confused:

jsliao Friend

to put it simply, it looks to me someone was trying to boost your site’s votes but was too late as the voting should close on 29th of jan. and yea, maybe i need to be less subtle but im guessing u created those clones to vote for yourself. yea im making theories with no basis but thats what you are doing aint it?

im getting off any discussions related to this SOTM as you and your conspiracy theories are really getting to me. and yea, you’d probably say im in cahoots with miccas and bennitos. he probably gave me a million dollars for it….

so yea, you can keep going on about how everyone (but you) is cheating. i’ll leave it to everyone who is reading this to judge who is right and who is wrong here.

have a nice day

jwellman Friend

The rules were established because people were entering the contest and having friends join the forum just to vote for their site. How fair is that? The rules are listed at the top of every single site of the month contest.

Your site had two votes for numerous days and then suddenly sky-rocketed in a few days time. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what really happened.

Take the loss and let the next competition be an honest win. If a person can’t follow the honor system, and has to cheat to win, they shouldn’t be in the competition. Just my two cents.

imsleepy Friend

Unfortunately… I am new to Joomlart. I believe I did vote for Didima’s site… I liked it, no other reason. But I understand what has happened. I would be willing to bet my vote did not count as I was too new here. Should have read the rules first before I voted and I am sorry about that. The winner’s site was actually my second choice. I had a very hard time deciding between the two.

Didima… why don’t you just enter again. I am sure that people who did vote for you but were too new to vote will vote again. If your site is still what they like I am sure they will vote for you again.

I am sorry this happened… but be a good sport. I enjoyed your work. Don’t tarnish your good work with bad attitude. Your site really was very nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum