Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

May 2009

Please vote in the poll for the winner of this month’s Site Of The Month competition! 🙂

Domains that were nominated however are not licensed were not added to this poll. If your nominated site does not appear in the poll, please contact MiCCAS for more information on resolving the problem.
    Please also note that this poll is not the final poll, as votes will need to be filtered to ensure that all votes were made in accordance to our rules.

jay973 Friend

Collectiblesvault gets my vote, I love the disign.

instantinlaw Friend

Thanks jay973,
    Glad you like it .
    & thanks to the other voters too. 🙂

sfpkent Friend

Thanks MiCCAS! 🙂

we2solutions Friend
    jsliao Friend

voted Collectiblesvault cos it still looks nice after considerable customisation

instantinlaw Friend

Thanks jsliao, glad you like it. 🙂

questbg Friend

Well, I couldn’t even view http://www.v8supercarsfangroup.com as I’m getting “406 Not Acceptable” errors, so I guess that one won’t be getting my vote!

World Web Creator is a really nice site and well put together. However, my own feeling is that the ‘dated’ look of the logo and title in serif font doesn’t go with the crisp, sharp sans-serif layout of the site, as I say, just a personal thing. Also, in my browser, the menu broke to two lines which just looks a bit messy:

Run4Youth. A really nicely constructed site and looks good. Again, and this is just me personally, didn’t get my vote because I never vote for sites that haven’t sorted out a favicon!!! Also, in the footer “Sitwork & Hosted By WrightNetDesigns.ca.” I think should be ‘Sitework’?

So for me, it came down to a choice between Shalom Television and Collectibles Vault. Both really nice looking sites and well constructed.

In the end, my vote (as I’m only allowed one) went to Collectibles Vault, mainly because of the attention to detail and customisation.

I mean, taking the time to create metallic screws graphics! 🙂

Very high standard of entries again this month, well done everyone. Please don’t take any of my comments as criticism, all the sites look really good.

Chris

sfpkent Friend

Hi questbg,

fixed it! Thanks for informing. 🙂

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@questbg 127803 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, I couldn’t even view http://www.v8supercarsfangroup.com as I’m getting “406 Not Acceptable” errors, so I guess that one won’t be getting my vote!
    </blockquote>

Its working for me, what browser you using?

questbg Friend

Hi justin

Using Firefox 3.0.10 running on Max OSX. Just tried again and got the following:

“Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.v8supercarsfangroup.com Port 80″

Also tried in Safari 3.2.1 and got exactly the same error.

Let me know if you want a screen grab? Besides, I hope you fix this as I’d love to see the site!

Cheers
    Chris

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@questbg 127852 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi justin

Using Firefox 3.0.10 running on Max OSX. Just tried again and got the following:

“Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.v8supercarsfangroup.com Port 80″

Also tried in Safari 3.2.1 and got exactly the same error.

Let me know if you want a screen grab? Besides, I hope you fix this as I’d love to see the site!

Cheers
    Chris</blockquote>

Ah ok, would you be able to send the screenshot please – maybe via pm so we dont clog up this topic.

Attahced a picture of what the site looks like anyway lol.

1. v8sfg_website
    questbg Friend

Site looks awesome, nice job!

Will PM you screengrabs from Firefox and Safari now. Maybe a Mac issue?

Cheers
    Chris

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Voted for http://www.collectiblesvault.com . One just can not imagine by looks that its a Ja Zeolite in action. Seems like a clear winner.

Great job and highly appreciated efforts.

regards

arvind

instantinlaw Friend

questbg;127803

I mean, taking the time to create metallic screws graphics! 🙂

Chris

Hey questbg (Chris),
    LOL, I thought the screws added just the right touch for a vault themed site too… 😎
    Thanks for your vote. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum