Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I would like to enter future clients in the site of the month contest but I’m quite discouraged in the way the contest is held. Isn’t there anything that can be done to make the contest fairer for participants?

I wrote about my concerns during the “July Voting” thread after it was highly suspected that a participant invited friends to Joomlart to vote for his site. I think it is a misconception of forum users that only “Licensed members” can vote. In actuality, anyone who signs up for the forum (licensed or not) can easily cast a vote.

Is it possible to only allow licensed users to vote or is that an impossible request with the current forum system? And is it possible to make the contest more visible to those who do not visit the News & Announcement section? Perhaps giving the contest its own category on the front page…maybe somewhere under Member Showcase?

I’m not sure if other members are also discouraged, more than likely it’s just me, but it would be nice if Joomlart would consider revising the current set-up.

Why was June and July’s winners never announced? :confused:

Warmest Regards,
    Jessica

TomC Moderator

I agree that ONLY licensed members should be able to vote.

questbg Friend

Me too. Otherwise, when my site is nominated, my brother, mother, wife, dog, etc., would all be in there voting :p

Menalto Friend

I guess the person responsible for this competition will drop in and say his words when read this.

bennitos Friend

I agree that only paying clients should be alouwed to vote. I brought it up myself last vote of the month as the way its going now is not fair and i will not join the vote of the month again is nothing is changed.

I was in both the june and july’s vote of the month and with both a site won wich is almost an exact copy off the demo site and i think thats odd. Because all ppl here who actually make an efford to post on this forum prefer costomised websites.

Dont mind loosing the compitition but not in a way like this and with boring winners like last times, think its weird that websites who have a lot of extra work in them loose from a quickstart…………

Also i think that all the information from the nominations tread should be taken along with the actuall vote. Like information about wich template used, components used what the site is about etc etc. So that ppl have a better insight what has been done and use that in their votes or learn from things someone else has done.

anisjolly Friend

I seconfd, third, fourth and fifth that.

Fair enough I didn’t win one of the competitions even though I made some serious mods on my site – but I am grateful for the feedback I received. However, I have been discouraged from putting any future sites forward (not because of the feedback) but from the type of votes that took place and the fact that the site that won practically looked like the demo template – apart from the logo change.

If it’s that easy to win – i might as well use a quickstart and change the logo and enter that – you know – i might just do that!

Only people who are paying members should be able to vote. it makes sense doing this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  anisjolly 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum