Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi JA Team,
    As large as the forum is, the Site of the Month Contest should be drawing more attention than what it is getting. It is a valuable resource for developers and I feel if more people were aware of the competition they would participate.

I read a request from a member recently. Her question was something like: “I keep reading about the site of the month in several posts but where is it located?”

The forum is very valuable to many people and all the different areas for each template are definitely needed. Problem is important issues are often lost in the chaos.

I was really excited to see the email newsletter option at the top of the forum. I know you had to take it down because of errors. Hopefully it will be reinstated so important announcements can go out to members. It seems like it would be a valuable tool to point people to the areas where they can easily find information about changes and important updates. I receive newsletters from another Joomla site as well.

In addition to sending out a monthly email to people about the contest, what about putting the contest in its own area on the forum instead of in the News and Announcements, which obviously no one reads?

Just a suggestion,
    Jessica

helari Friend

i like this idea! thank you 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Totally agree…if JA want to ask its members to participate in these thing then the least they could/should do is make these thing far more accesible…and should not be hidden away in a part of the forum that most people obviously don’t even read.

I think if you put it next to the members showcase people may automatically enter their site into both 😀

Lets get that forum spirit going shall we.

jwellman Friend

<em>@mfcphil 82720 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think if you put it next to the members showcase people may automatically enter their site into both :D</blockquote>
    I totally agree. Members seem to easily find the Showcase area and are always anxious to show their work. Until someone says, “Hey…why don’t you add your site to the contest?” … only then do they find the area in the News and Announcements and add their site to the nominations.

questbg Friend

I agree, should be far more visible. For instance, only seven votes this month 😮

Menalto Friend

I agree too, if they gonna continue with this competition they need to do something about it.
    Maybe add it at top right next to the logo, a nice banner or something

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum