Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

February 2009

Please vote in the poll for the winner of this month’s Site Of The Month competition! 🙂

Domains that were nominated however are not licensed were not added to this poll. If your nominated site does not appear in the poll, please contact MiCCAS for more information on resolving the problem.
    Please also note that this poll is not the final poll, as votes will need to be filtered to ensure that all votes were made in accordance to our rules.

wooohanetworks Friend

Thanks, much luck and success to ALL THE MEMBERS!;)

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Good luck to all of you! 🙂 And thanks MiCCAS for his work.

TomC Moderator

<em>@wooohanetworks 113882 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, won’t vote for any of those as one is definitely adult related and not something that is fine mature arts etc. and objectively could go through as such. That liowers the contests’ niveau.
    </blockquote>
    Oh c’mon … get over it.

metamar Friend

yes wooohanetworks..we trust you objectivety and anyways we cant know who votes for who right? 😀
    I wish good luck to everyone but hope luck wont play a part! 🙂

jwellman Friend

<em>@metamar 113958 wrote:</em><blockquote>and anyways we cant know who votes for who right? :D</blockquote>
    As far as I know you do not have to keep who you voted for a secret (unless you just feel the need to remain anonymous). Personally, I like knowing who voted for whom. At least then I know it’s a legitimate vote.

With that said, nice sites everyone! I’ve had plenty of errors on my sites and I’m always grateful when someone points them out. Please do not take the following errors found as a criticism because all the sites were designed very well. The errors were small compared to the enormous amount of work dedicated to each site. I really enjoyed all of them.

On the Quality seed site, when I click on Erosion Control, your menu falls behind the content in both IE and FF. On the Canus Goat Milk site, the E-Newsletter menu falls down due to lack of room I suppose. It could be just my screen resolution. 1024×768 and I only see it in IE. The Wind Surf site: Your log-in menu is doing some funky jumping around in IE…not sure why. Voice of Children: You have two modules on the home page that are breaking content in IE. Search the forum and you will find the fix for this problem in Sandinine! Notice all of the errors are IE. Have I told everyone today how much I hate IE? >:(

One other observation and then I’ll shut-up. :p I really enjoy seeing sites that are customized from their original template design but with JA’s beautiful work, customization is not really needed. However, a few of the sites above have forums that I felt need to at least match their JA template.

After all was said and done, I voted for the Canus Goat Site. I love the product page (located at the bottom of the Home page in case you missed it). I love the backgrounds, the product line (with excellent graphics) and the customization that was done to make the Pariiti template less recognizable. I’m not crazy about the dropline menu but that’s more a personal preference. A lot of storefronts are difficult to load but this one flies along.

Congrats to everyone for wonderful site designs and best of luck in the contest.

jsliao Friend

lots of quality site this month but im placing my vote for toydistro since i nominated them. cheers!

Michael Casha Friend

I have decided after much thought to remove the adult related website, as the rules do specifically state no adult related content at all. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Phill Moderator

<em>@jwellman 113983 wrote:</em><blockquote> The Wind Surf site: Your log-in menu is doing some funky jumping around in IE…not sure why. .</blockquote>

Cheers for the feedback, I have not noticed a problem but I will check. The login form was a problem for me due to the bridge with coppermine not liking SEF so I had to do some edits.

I have also had quite a few problems with the modules on the right (3 are rss feeds) but hopefully they are ironed out.

To be honest, I don’t really expect to get any votes (bar my own) as there are some really great this month. But entering gets me feedback such as yours which can only help me improve my skills.

jwellman Friend

Your site is very good Phill… lots of good sites makes voting difficult! Sending you a PM if you don’t mind. I have a few questions about your photo gallery. 🙂

thatcomputerdude Friend

I’d like to know what extension http://www.canusgoatsmilk.com/eng/ used for their message that they had before you could enter the site.

I’ve had a need for something like that on a few of my websites.

billyk Friend

I could give you the answer, but half of what i learned was from searching the internet. Try using some of these keywords in a Google search: “pop up window opens on page load important message”

Good luck! Enjoy the process!:)

<em>@thatcomputerdude 114212 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like to know what extension http://www.canusgoatsmilk.com/eng/ used for their message that they had before you could enter the site.

I’ve had a need for something like that on a few of my websites.</blockquote>

thatcomputerdude Friend

I’ve been looking for a Joomla extension to do this a few times with no such luck – that’s why I thought I’d ask once I saw this.

Thanks for the help.

bennitos Friend

Good luck everyone! Quite some nice sites again.

Ps. thatcomputerdude check your pm 🙂

billyk Friend

Thanks, jwellman! Feedback like this from my peers gives me goosebumps! (the good kind!) It means a lot to me that you would go so out of your way to thoroughly examine each and every individual site and get the feedback to the creators. I agree, there are some amazing sites this month!
    Regards,
    Will K.

<em>@jwellman 113983 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    After all was said and done, I voted for the Canus Goat Site. I love the product page (located at the bottom of the Home page in case you missed it). I love the backgrounds, the product line (with excellent graphics) and the customization that was done to make the Pariiti template less recognizable. I’m not crazy about the dropline menu but that’s more a personal preference. A lot of storefronts are difficult to load but this one flies along.

Congrats to everyone for wonderful site designs and best of luck in the contest.</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum