Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

<em>@instantinlaw 132328 wrote:</em><blockquote>

4. http://www.railwaymuseum.lkLets say that you are an office worker in a quiet office and you are surfing with your volume on high. How embarising would it be if all of a sudden there are loud steam engine noises coming from your cubicle?!</blockquote>

I really respect opinions, but this part lacks so much of reality, that I have to comment on it:

1. What office worker will ever look on this site and when he or she will it would be with purpose. And as the only purpose would be to e.g. book a trip for the office staff to the museum, without the steam effects, the site would not be what it is anymore.

2. The internet is about “multimedial stuff”, sounds and bamboolabazaa in 3D Surround Sound is what is brought to you e.g. in the multimedial parts of any musuems cinematic corners or even anywhere, in the new ones.

3. It would be more than boring to not have sounds on a homepage that is set to entertain and to take away the “boring old aspects of the boring visits to a boring museum from the sight of the young people who are the ones that should be adressed”…In fact without the new influcences of multimedia into museums and stuff, the young generation would still be bored. I think the internet represents the young generations or the people that stood young. People who do not like flash, sounds and effects may order the booklet via Postal Ground Service but not via HS Internet.

4. Most of the other sites, as mentioned by you are lacking a lot of things. I do not like to talk around it, simply what I think, when it is sounding hard, then think about that most people do not know you and watch your site, and will even say or think much harder stuff about it (same with when looking at eBay or any other site), so do not take it personal:

– The one reason why the first site in the list, with all the freaks shown, did not get my vote, because the bg is dominating, the module headers have hard edges and all looks incompatible to each other.

– The McCurry site looks really awkward, it is standard Zeolite with nothing what I await from “a competitor of McDonalds”! Looks like a quick job, where something like JA ZinC should have been used, but would have taken some more to get it done.

– The Carwash Thing, I can only call it carwash thing… What it this, first I wonder why this Porsche is suddenly put into my face, I want to enter and the text says “click on Porsche”. As a Porsche Owner I would say, “Dude, do you want to sell carwashes to my kids or what?” Second, one could be **** worried when I read that the staff will “take special interest in your family and vehicles” and again would say, “Dude, keep your staff away from my wife and daughter…My car keys I will take with me again, for washing my car or reparing it, place it somewhere where you do not need to move it!” (Knowing America)

The other ones simply fall out, so all over the Railway site deserves it.

Thanks and much success in the future!;) (Hasn’t been taking a big nose, just a bit how it is)

TomC Moderator

I’m kind of wondering why you all can’t just vote for the site you like absent the “why your site stinks” commentary. I mean, don’t these sites have individual threads within the “Member Site Showcase” and/or the respective template sections where all the feedback can be provided?

mfcphil Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 132393 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m kind of wondering why you all can’t just vote for the site you like absent the “why your site stinks” commentary. I mean, don’t these sites have individual threads within the “Member Site Showcase” and/or the respective template sections where all the feedback can be provided?</blockquote>

A very good and valid point Tom but on the other hand, when people go through the reasons why they have or have not picked/voted for a site, this at least, shows they have looked at all the sites that are asking for your time and effort, it took to go and vote for them.

instantinlaw Friend

wooohanetworks;132390I really respect opinions, but this part lacks so much of reality, that I have to comment on it:

1. What office worker will ever look on this site and when he or she will it would be with purpose. And as the only purpose would be to e.g. book a trip for the office staff to the museum, without the steam effects, the site would not be what it is anymore.

How about a worker that is supposed to be working instead of surfing?

2. The internet is about “multimedial stuff”, sounds and bamboolabazaa in 3D Surround Sound is what is brought to you e.g. in the multimedial parts of any musuems cinematic corners or even anywhere, in the new ones.

Yeah if you are 10 years old or an internet newbie. Besides who wants to have multimedia forced upon them? How about a simple sound on/off button.

3. It would be more than boring to not have sounds on a homepage that is set to entertain and to take away the “boring old aspects of the boring visits to a boring museum from the sight of the young people who are the ones that should be adressed”…In fact without the new influcences of multimedia into museums and stuff, the young generation would still be bored. I think the internet represents the young generations or the people that stood young. People who do not like flash, sounds and effects may order the booklet via Postal Ground Service but not via HS Internet.

What? Are we talking about a website or a museum here?

4. Most of the other sites, as mentioned by you are lacking a lot of things. I do not like to talk around it, simply what I think, when it is sounding hard, then think about that most people do not know you and watch your site, and will even say or think much harder stuff about it (same with when looking at eBay or any other site), so do not take it personal:

Is this your website you are defending to the death? I have my opinions and you should stay out of them. I used my vote for a site I like. Use yours any way you want.

– The one reason why the first site in the list, with all the freaks shown, did not get my vote, because the bg is dominating, the module headers have hard edges and all looks incompatible to each other.

Excuse me, I thought we were attacking me, or are you posting site reviews here. Lets get back on track.

– The McCurry site looks really awkward, it is standard Zeolite with nothing what I await from “a competitor of McDonalds”! Looks like a quick job, where something like JA ZinC should have been used, but would have taken some more to get it done.

Again, how about posting your own review instead of critiquing mine.

– The Carwash Thing, I can only call it carwash thing… What it this, first I wonder why this Porsche is suddenly put into my face, I want to enter and the text says “click on Porsche”. As a Porsche Owner I would say, “Dude, do you want to sell carwashes to my kids or what?” Second, one could be **** worried when I read that the staff will “take special interest in your family and vehicles” and again would say, “Dude, keep your staff away from my wife and daughter…My car keys I will take with me again, for washing my car or reparing it, place it somewhere where you do not need to move it!” (Knowing America)

The other ones simply fall out, so all over the Railway site deserves it.

Thanks and much success in the future!;) (Hasn’t been taking a big nose, just a bit how it is)

So to sum all of this gibberish up…
    1. You don’t like my opinions.
    2. I have offended your sensibilities somehow and you just couldn’t resist putting your 2 cents in, as usual.
    3. Why don’t you make your own posts instead of stalking mine?
    Have a nice day.

zorroh Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 132328 wrote:</em><blockquote>So I’ve made my desision!

1. http://www.kolgatanoored.ee
    I just can’t vote for a site I can’t see. I was hoping you would fix the IE abort error, but you didn’t and I can’t view your site. Too bad too because what little I could see before the abort looked good and you may have gotten my vote.
    </blockquote>

That is my personal war against unsecured, standards breaking and normally not working IE 🙂

Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera ROCKS!!! 🙂

zagor33 Friend

<blockquote>Originally Posted by instantinlaw
    5. http://www.ojopelao.com
    Although it looks like you moved some of those front page articles, so that the page doesn’t scroll on forever anymore, you now have a big gap at the bottom of the main component. Being a news site there is nothing wrong with having lot’s of news on the front page, but there is just something about the layout that I’m not crazy about. I’m sure if you keep at it you will be able to make it look pleasing.</blockquote>

Thank you very much, I thank your time on my site, and your suggestions, and I have no space (as see in the picture below, the blank space above is the video).

And the previous observation that I did with GKTNewPro module, where you said that was a fatal error in IE6, so I desistale that of the original frontpage JA Couper Business.

Thank you very much.

instantinlaw Friend

zorroh;132458That is my personal war against unsecured, standards breaking and normally not working IE 🙂

Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera ROCKS!!! 🙂

LOL, I’ve just been using IE for so long now that it’s hard for me to fire up Firefox unless I have to.
    But according to the statistics it looks like IE is on it’s way out anyway.
    Unfortunatly though there still are some people using IE so I always try to get my sites to display at least similarily in all browers (even the ones with little followers).
    I have IE7, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Mazthon 2 installed.
    Please don’t take my comments about your site as a put down, and good luck with your site. 🙂

1. bs
    instantinlaw Friend

zagor33;132461Thank you very much, I thank your time on my site, and your suggestions, and I have no space (as see in the picture below, the blank space above is the video).

And the previous observation that I did with GKTNewPro module, where you said that was a fatal error in IE6, so I desistale that of the original frontpage JA Couper Business.

Thank you very much.

I’m glad you can take constructive critisizem and do something about it. Being a news site, I would expect nothing more than to have a lot of articles on the front page, and you should too.
    There is another Gavick news display that does not break in IE6. I don’t remember which one it is, but you can always check it in IE6 with Browsershots
    Good luck with your site. 🙂

floo Friend

I really like http://www.mccurryrecipe.com. Its a pretty clean design which is very important for me.
    A website needs to be clean, enhanced by special tools is nothing bad, but a bunchload of tools, graphics, gimmicks, addons and stuff is too much and mostly overloads a website. That is the reason why i really like this design. Good luck !

itdude Friend

i liked kolgatanoored.ee and mccurryrecipe.com. sorry, but i dont get what exited things you guys finding in railwaymuseum.lk/? there is nothing what can impress me.. no cool features, no colors.. very simple.. just black site with some pictures and photoslider is out of layout. i use firefox.

we2solutions Friend

<em>@itdude 132632 wrote:</em><blockquote>i liked kolgatanoored.ee and mccurryrecipe.com. sorry, but i dont get what exited things you guys finding in railwaymuseum.lk/? there is nothing what can impress me.. no cool features, no colors.. very simple.. just black site with some pictures and photoslider is out of layout. i use firefox.</blockquote>

Hi itdude,

Thanks for your great commentsabout railwaymuseum.lk.people have different ideas and different tastes..as a designer you want to fulfill your clients requirements.and try to not depend only the beautiful joomlart template designs.think different then you can see the path of your own..:cool:

thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  we2solutions 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum