Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

ok lets make one point, l had a reply from Miccas and also l did reply to his post.

l know he had a hard time because l did read somewhere on the forum voting hasnt finished when is supposed to finish, l dont know whos voted for who. but rules are not clear and this need altering. if l was know that JA poll was managed by one man l would not even make a one comment specialy SOTM.

you need to understand point of my view and calm, relax no need to make it more worse

didima Friend

<em>@jwellman 111879 wrote:</em><blockquote>The rules were established because people were entering the contest and having friends join the forum just to vote for their site. How fair is that? The rules are listed at the top of every single site of the month contest.

Your site had two votes for numerous days and then suddenly sky-rocketed in a few days time. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what really happened.

Take the loss and let the next competition be an honest win. If a person can’t follow the honor system, and has to cheat to win, they shouldn’t be in the competition. Just my two cents.</blockquote>

SOTM winner and you are a developer so l dont know what to say but this explaines result much much better.

jwellman Friend

I’m very calm and the facts are that the rules are plain to see. If you cheat you lose. That’s true for this contest and everything else in a person’s life. 🙂

jwellman Friend

I was not a “Developer” until I won the contest. Your statement is unjustified.

didima Friend

<em>@imsleepy 111884 wrote:</em><blockquote>Unfortunately… I am new to Joomlart. I believe I did vote for Didima’s site… I liked it, no other reason. But I understand what has happened. I would be willing to bet my vote did not count as I was too new here. Should have read the rules first before I voted and I am sorry about that. The winner’s site was actually my second choice. I had a very hard time deciding between the two.

Didima… why don’t you just enter again. I am sure that people who did vote for you but were too new to vote will vote again. If your site is still what they like I am sure they will vote for you again.

I am sorry this happened… but be a good sport. I enjoyed your work. Don’t tarnish your good work with bad attitude. Your site really was very nice.</blockquote>

SOTM winners can read your post and learn somethink because they think theyself so professional and please read all post and you decide who has bad temper any way thank you so much for your post

Phill Moderator

didima,

If your site was the normanton voice one I believe I too voted for it. As I was only a member for 2 days at the time my vote would not have counted either, my fault for not reading the rules really.

Had I read this thread before I voted I certainly would not have voted for you simply because of your attitude. Put the sour grapes away and try again, you may win next time.

didima Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 111895 wrote:</em><blockquote>didima,

If your site was the normanton voice one I believe I too voted for it. As I was only a member for 2 days at the time my vote would not have counted either, my fault for not reading the rules really.

Had I read this thread before I voted I certainly would not have voted for you simply because of your attitude. Put the sour grapes away and try again, you may win next time.</blockquote>

Thanks and nothing is your fault but way the poll has been maneged is wrong and l never sad anything that bad to have a bad attituted, if you look others comments you will see who has a bad post , l just been honest.

any way nothing to worry, “revenge is a dish best served cold”

Phill Moderator

<em>@didima 111896 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks and nothing is your fault but way the poll has been maneged is wrong and l never sad anything that bad to have a bad attituted, if you look others comments you will see who has a bad post , l just been honest.

any way nothing to worry, “revenge is a dish best served cold”</blockquote>

Maybe I will re read this thread when I am not under the influence of 5 pints of Ossett’s Excelsior

jwellman Friend

Sorry the replies I made seemed harsh. I’m truly a nice person. 🙂 However, I do get agitated when I think someone is wrongfully accused.

Perhaps if you can prove your case to Miccas, that all the individuals who voted for your site were legit, I’m sure he will rectify the situation.

didima Friend

<em>@jwellman 111901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry the replies I made seemed harsh. I’m truly a nice person. 🙂 However, I do get agitated when I think someone is wrongfully accused.

Perhaps if you can prove your case to Miccas, that all the individuals who voted for your site were legit, I’m sure he will rectify the situation.</blockquote>

l do believe you are all nice people however point was SOTM poll has not been managed right that was all and l dont know whos is voted for who and everyone is FREE to vote who ever they want to.

imsleepy Friend

Hello Didima,

I am sorry for your problem, you should resubmit your site for next month.

All things aside, I don’t think Customer Testimonials was really the right place to air this grievence. I am sure that this situation set aside, you have been happy with Joomlart since you have been a member for over a year.

Please consider closing this post or moving it to a more appropriate location if you can. Not sure how that works. Just seems like this is the wrong place for this.

didima Friend

<em>@imsleepy 111912 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Didima,

I am sorry for your problem, you should resubmit your site for next month.

All things aside, I don’t think Customer Testimonials was really the right place to air this grievence. I am sure that this situation set aside, you have been happy with Joomlart since you have been a member for over a year.

Please consider closing this post or moving it to a more appropriate location if you can. Not sure how that works. Just seems like this is the wrong place for this.</blockquote>

Hey dont be sorry please, and l have been happy with joomla art product but point was rules so no worries.

Michael Casha Friend

didima;111575l did read all the rules, however even you not that miccas unprofessional with SOMT, and l dont realy know who is voted for who but poll explaines all and winner is developer again like most of the SOTM winners.

No body else made a comment other than you because you are winner and well done Miccas it was good trick and cheating to get peoples attention to joomla art forum, hopefully someone proffesional from Joomla art will deal with this and get sorted because he can not manage so..

Message has been send to miccas, no reply because l dont think he can explaine but you know all about whos voted for who, is that right ? where do you get that information ?

Any way very unprofessional thats all, let some one professional deal with it for users benefit not HIS[/quote]
    Mate, I don’t get paid to do what I do at JA, I do it because I like helping the community. As such, I don’t sit here and hawk the forums because I do have a life – the work I do here isn’t going to pay the bills, or get me an education. I can explain everything I do in regards to SOTM because put simply I check multiple times when I award these prizes.

Mate, I don’t get paid to do what I do at JA, I do it because I like helping the community. As such, I don’t sit here and hawk the forums because I do have a life – the work I do here isn’t going to pay the bills, or get me an education. I can explain everything I do in regards to SOTM because put simply I check multiple times when I award these prizes.

I actually didn’t see this post earlier, so I’ll give you a link to the votes that I removed:

http://www.miccas.net/mates/joomlart/votes.png

You will notice multiple accounts voted within minutes, and multiple accounts had either the same or similar IP addresses.

Let me also point out, you have claimed so many times that the winners are all developer members – have you taken into account the fact that each winner receives a developer membership, and this is why they all have developer status at the moment?

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@jwellman 111901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry the replies I made seemed harsh. I’m truly a nice person. 🙂 However, I do get agitated when I think someone is wrongfully accused.

Perhaps if you can prove your case to Miccas, that all the individuals who voted for your site were legit, I’m sure he will rectify the situation.</blockquote>
    DEFINITELY! Let me make clear that I’m human and make mistakes, which is why I went through your votes about 5 times. And, if you can prove for whatever reason that these votes were made within the rules, I will definitely rectify this issue. However as far as I can tell all votes removed were not made in terms of our rules.

didima Friend

hey miccas,

forget all and do something good for JA community, deal with another category or poll etc.

have a nice day

( p.s – l dont think anybody wants to know why u are doing this by the way )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum