Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have a problem with the sizing of my articles, When i start a column on the right side it overlap the article that i did in the middle, And for some odd reason I don’t have a postion called B which is the middle column the website is http://www.goodfinancialcents.com My question is can I adjust this column or did I miss downloading the b module? I also have 2 other tempeletes on my badend which I can toggle between defaults but I did notice that they seem to share the same modules. So would someone please help me shed some light on this, Did I not get all of the modules and where do I get them if thats the case.

Anonymous Moderator

Could you please send us the screenshots so that we could have closer look on the issue.

scotty Friend

On the Pyrite info page ‘B’ is for body. It is the main content area but is not actually a ‘position’ as in a module position like User2, User3, etc. ‘Articles’ are displayed in the main content (B) area only. ‘Modules’ such as menu’s, Polls, Login, stats, etc are displayed in left and/or right columns and also other module positions like User1, User2, Top, etc.

You can also make ‘Custom HTML’ modules which can contain just about anything and be displayed in these ‘Module positions’

I’ve had a look at your site but do not see any overlapping. Can you post a link to a page that has this problem?

Also, your site is looking well and has the makings of a very good site indeed however, as you say yourself… needs some fine tuning. Several of the articles have a different font. I’m guessing this is due to copy & pasting from your old site. You need to open those articles in your admin and remove all font info thus reverting the pages back to Pyrites proper font. This would improve the look of the site greatly.

Your article images have no padding. This means text touches the edge of the images and well… just looks bad. Apply some padding 5px or 10px to article images and it will look much better.

irontown Friend

If you scroll out. or in. IE7 the logo if the 5 px are removed will overlap. I’m building a site for a client which is temporarily hosted here. http://www.brandonbarclay.com/iron/ and she wants the logo next to the menu. But in IE if someones browser is not set, zoom 100% this happens. Is there a solution or are we all plagged with this same problem.

irontown Friend

irontown Friend

zoom: 1; putting this somewhere in the css class

cjmicro Friend

similar issue in another thread with pyrite… be careful the size and padding of your images, as that can push the content pane past its width and hide it behind the side modules.

The Good financial is a nice site, one thing i noticed on my old monitor is the background of the h3 with the scroll is white and stands out over the background of the page, might want to make it the same.

Good luck
    Cheryl

cjmicro Friend

the other thread the person said they made their contentpane td a fixed width and it helped…
    here is the thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/css-problem-3/

Cheryl

Sherlock Friend

Dear irontown !

I really sorry for delay ! Yes , this is problem in css code , Have you fixed the height of tag that include the logo ?

In Firefox , the height of that tag will be auto changed to equal with height of logo , but in IE the that tag always get height what you fixed in css code.

to fix the problem please remove css code with height is fixed for the tag stores logo.
    If posible , please send me an account to view your site : http://www.brandonbarclay.com/iron/

I will instruct detail “how and where to do fix it”, step by step.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum